Health Care Assistant Days & Nights
- Buccleuch Care Centre, Myreslaw, Hawick, TD9 0JB, TD9 0JB
- £10.50 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 44 hours per week
Care Assistant- Residential Care Home – Days & Nights - £10.50
Buccleuch Care Centre
Also hours available 22 to 44 part or full time.
Bank Hours are available on a flexi work basis - you cover the shifts you are available to cover.
St Philip's Care is dedicated to providing outstanding care to our clients which is why we are an award winning company and have been named 'The most outstanding care group in the UK' and ‘ The most outstanding Residential Care Management Team in the UK
The role of being a senior carer is an important role and valued role within the Health & Social Care industry.
You will lead, develop and co-ordinate a team of care workers to provide the highest standards of care to our residents. Overall ensuring the dignity of the residents is always maintained.
Job Role: To support the Manager in the overall management of the home.
Assume responsibilities of the Manager in his/her absence. To create an environment which respects the rights and wishes of the residents and to encourage person centred care and maximises independence.
The successful person will be joining a close-knit, friendly team who offer a quality service.
As a Care Assistant, you will be responsible for:
- Understanding and providing the requirements for “normal” health and to have insight into the effects on the client and family when continued care is needed.
- To assist the client in any area of his/her daily care needs which they would normally undertake themselves if they were able to do so.
- To participate in holistic caring activities.
- Care for all clients’ needs as required with the aim of optimising their independence.
- Ensure a system is in place that promotes residents’ participation in the planning and reviewing of care.
- To be responsible for the care planning process, maintaining appropriate medication and care delivery for a designated group of service users
- To understand the right of the individual to confidentiality.
- Moving and handling, dressing, and assisting residents in their daily hygiene and dressing needs.
- Observing and reporting any changes in residents’ condition
- Report to Manager any hazard or unsafe equipment that may be injurious to the health and safety of staff, residents, and visitors
- To attend any in-service training arranged as part of staff development and mandatory training, which is a legal requirement
- Ensure service is delivered in accordance with all relevant policies, procedures and practices
As a Care Assistant, it would be desirable to have:
- NVQ 2 in Health and Social Care or working towards it.
- Previous experience of as a senior in a Residential Care or Nursing Home.
- A Passion for Care of the Elderly.
- Experience of Medication Administration
Benefits of working with the St Philips Family
- A supportive, inclusive, friendly working environment
- The opportunity to progress and gain further qualifications “learn while you earn!”
- 4-weekly pay periods
- Full training given
- Paid induction and shadow shifts
- E - Learning incentive scheme
- Paid holiday
- Flexible opportunities to fit around your life
- Rewards scheme for all staff
- Refer a friend bonus scheme worth £100.00
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please email all applications to Jayne.firstname.lastname@example.org