Health Care Assistant Days & Nights
- Knowesouth Care Centre, Knowesouth, TD8 6ST
- £10.50 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 44 hours per week
Support Assistant- Residential Care Home
St Philip's Care is dedicated to providing outstanding care to our clients which is why we have been award The most outstanding Residential Care Management Team in the UK and continue to apply this ethos through 2022
Our company values and encourages our staff, provide ongoing training and the opportunities to progress throughout the business if desired. Wherever you want your career in care to take you, you can do it with St Philips Care.
Do you need a job that offers flexibility, the chance for progression, and to make a difference?
The successful applicant should be willing to learn, caring in nature and kind.
Being reliable with a good attitude towards work is valued. Full training can be provided for the right applicant.
- Understanding and providing the requirements for “normal” health and to have insight into the effects on the client and family when continued care is needed.
- To assist the client in any area of his/her daily care needs which they would normally undertake themselves if they were able to do so.
- To participate in holistic caring activities.
- Care for all clients’ needs as required with the aim of optimising their independence.
- Ensure a system is in place that promotes residents participation in the planning and reviewing of care.
- To be responsible for the care planning process, maintaining appropriate medication and care delivery for a designated group of service users
- To understand the right of the individual to confidentiality.
- Moving and handling, dressing and assisting residents in their daily hygiene and dressing needs.
- Observing and reporting any changes in residents condition
- Report to Manager any hazard or unsafe equipment that may be injurious to the health and safety of staff, residents and visitors
As a Support Assistant it would be desirable to have:
- NVQ/SVQ 2 in Health and Social Care or Care.
- Professional experience work with Mental Health and advanced nursing dementia needs.
- Previous experience of as a senior in a Residential Care or Nursing Home.
- A Passion for Care of the Elderly.
- Experience of Medication Administration
- Benefits of working with the St Philips Family
- A supportive, inclusive, friendly working environment
- The opportunity to progress and gain further qualifications “learn while you earn!”
- 4-weekly pay periods
- Full training given
- Paid induction and shadow shifts
- E - Learning incentive scheme
- Paid holiday
- Flexible opportunities to fit around your life
- Rewards scheme for all staff
- Refer a friend bonus scheme worth £100.00
- To be part of the St Philip’s Care family across the UK
- The chance to change lives
- Option to join the people pension if not automatically enrolled.
We look forward to hearing from you!
PLEASE EMAIL ALL APPLICATIONS TO JAYNE.WICKETT@STPHILIPS-CARE.COM