Senior Care Assistant / Days & Nights
- Knowesouth Care Centre, Knowesouth, TD8 6ST
- £11.50 - £11.90 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 44 hours per week
Senior Support - Care Assistant - Days& Nights - From £11.50 to £11.90ph – Permanent
£11.90 paid to CHAPS qualified
Night shift also available.
St Philip's Care is dedicated to providing outstanding care to our clients which is why we have been named 'The most outstanding care group in the UK' and ‘The most improved Dementia Care Group in the UK’ by the UK Over 50s Housing Awards.
Are you an experienced Carer or Senior Carer looking for a new position in an Elderly Care Home in Jedburgh
This role would suit a professional with a mental health background and proven experience as the client base is nursing dementia and willing to work toward a Senior Clinical position.
Job Role: To support the Manager in the overall management of the home.
Assume responsibilities of the Manager in their absence. To create an environment which respects the rights and wishes of the residents and to encourage person centred care and maximise independence.
The successful person will be joining a close-knit, friendly team who offer a quality service.
As a Senior Care Assistant you will be responsible for:
- Understanding and providing the requirements for “normal” health and to have insight into the effects on the client and family when continued care is needed.
- To assist the client in any area of his/her daily care needs which they would normally undertake themselves if they were able to do so.
- To participate in holistic caring activities.
- Care for all clients’ needs as required with the aim of optimising their independence.
- Ensure a system is in place that promotes residents participation in the planning and reviewing of care.
- To be responsible for the care planning process, maintaining appropriate medication and care delivery for a designated group of service users
- To understand the right of the individual to confidentiality.
- Moving and handling, dressing and assisting residents in their daily hygiene and dressing needs.
- Observing and reporting any changes in residents condition
- Report to Manager any hazard or unsafe equipment that may be injurious to the health and safety of staff, residents and visitors
As a Senior Care Assistant it would be desirable to have:
- NVQ/SVQ 3 in Health and Social Care or Care.
- Professional experience work with Mental Health and advanced nursing dementia needs.
- Previous experience of as a senior in a Residential Care or Nursing Home.
- A Passion for Care of the Elderly.
- Experience of Medication Administration
We look forward to hearing from you!
PLEASE EMAIL ALL APPLICATIONS TO JAYNE.WICKETT@STPHILIPS-CARE.COM