Business & Community Engagement Manager
- Fintry Road, DD4 9EZ
- £28,100 per year per annum
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
The application page will open in a new window.
Job Description & Person Specification
The Business & Community Engagement Manager is responsible to the Early Learning and Childcare (ELC) Manager and relevant functional Lead.
The Business & Community Engagement Manager will work collaboratively with the ELC Manager and the organisation’s Leadership Team on administration, finance, community engagement, and building management matters to ensure that FCSS Fintry Mains continues to deliver a high quality, sustainable, values focussed service. To display integrity, flexibility, commitment, and a shared sense of responsibility for the continuing success of the flexible childcare service and its community hub.
Specific Responsibilities include:
· Assisting in the completion of grant applications, monitor spend and complete reports as necessary and in liaison with the Fundraising Lead.
· Completion of monthly payroll sheets, inputting additional hours and checking timesheets
· The day-to-day management, of community and head offices spaces, including requests for access to the building/use of community and meeting room space by the organisation’s Leadership Team, Board members, funders and community groups.
· Working in partnership with the Early Learning and Childcare (ELC) Manager to respond to enquiries and applications, to achieve agreed occupancy targets.
· To carry out data input on digital systems and facilitate transfer of required information to the Local Authority to release funding payments.
· To carry out HR administration tasks to support staff recruitment and induction and general HR requirements.
· To ensure that the service complies with contractual obligations in relation to local authority funding.
· To arrange for 5-year fixed wiring testing and ensure that any necessary remedial work is carried out.
· To ensure that the building and grounds are maintained in good order and that regular maintenance/repair is carried out, with input from the ELC Manager and Leadership Team as necessary.
· To arrange for quotes and agreed budget spend as necessary to support maintenance/repair/upgrade
· Manage keyholder list and keys/access fobs
· To assist the Manager / Leadership Team with any other requests as necessary
· To arrange for alarm servicing, PAT testing, fire safety equipment testing on an annual basis
· Support with advice, guidance and practical help as necessary
The job description is a broad picture of the post at the date of preparation. It is not an exhaustive list of all possible duties and it is recognised that jobs change and evolve over time
· Must be numerate and have excellent oral and written communication skills, with an eye for detail
· Must have qualifications/experience in a relevant subject or with experience which demonstrates relevant transferrable skills and knowledge
· Must have good Microsoft Word and Excel skills
· Must enjoy working as part of a team
· Should have a positive, flexible, problem-solving approach
· Must demonstrate integrity and a commitment to a values-based approach
· An understanding of the third sector would be advantageous.
- Period of appointment: The appointment is permanent
- Confirmation of appointment is subject to satisfactory completion of a 3 month probationary period and receipt of PVG Scheme membership/update information.
- Salary £28,100 per annum (under review)
- Hours of work: 35 per week
- Holidays: 37 paid days pro rata including Public Holidays
· Pension: The FCSS Pension scheme is a Flexible Retirement Plan, with The Pensions Trust. On appointment you will be automatically enrolled but following a qualifying period you may increase your contributions. Where an employee pays a minimum contribution of 3% of salary, FCSS will make a 7% contribution.
· Training and Support and Supervision: You will receive induction training and frequent support in the first three months. Thereafter you will receive monthly individual support and supervision and annual appraisals. Regular team meetings are held, and all members have access to internal and external training.
· Long Service Awards - Financial or annual leave rewards after 10 years of service
· CycleScheme - Save a between 25% & 39% on new bike packages
· Generous life assurance scheme
Equal Opportunities and Family Friendly employment: FCSS aims to be an equal opportunities and family friendly employer. The post is open to job sharing.