- 7 Traill Drive, East Links, DD10 8SW
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 16 hours per week
The application page will open in a new window.
Rompers Private Nursery in Montrose is looking for an experienced Office Administrator.
Our nursery first opened its doors in August 1987 and we have since been at the forefront of early education and child care in Montrose, Angus and the surrounding area.
Over the years child care has changed considerably and we have continually evolved to exceed the regulated standards required along with maintaining a family friendly environment for children to grow and develop.
Our nursery is open all year round however we close over the Christmas period for staff and children.
What we are Offering:
· Office Administrator position in our busy nursery
· 16 hours per week across (4 working days per week, 4 hours daily)
· Pro rata Holidays
· Option could be available for the successful candidate to work term time only within school hours
· Permanent position (to start late October)
· In house training to support job role and systems
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Maintains a positive and friendly company image by acting as first line of contact to parents, visitors, and visitors in person, online and via telephone.
· Be responsible for managing correspondence by answering emails and sorting mail,
· Be responsible for managing outgoing post and recording special deliveries.
· Be responsible for drafting & emailing effective communication to parents.
· Be responsible for answering phone calls and transferring calls as necessary.
· Be responsible for monthly billing cycles through preparing and issuing fee invoices via inhouse software FirstSteps.
· Be responsible for maintaining accurate funded children’s records via NAMS/SEEMIS EY and submission of monthly funding return to Angus Council.
· Be responsible for printing & recording of ELC funding applications submitted via FirmStep.
· Be responsible for inputting new start registrations via inhouse software FirstSteps and maintaining accurate children’s PPR files and registration T-Cards.
· Be responsible for maintaining stock and order office supplies as needed.
· Be responsible for inputting “messy play’ orders as requested by room teams.
· Be responsible for maintaining accurate employee records on inhouse software FirstSteps and OneDrive.
· Be responsible for maintaining up to date information on staff notice board and office notice board.
· Be responsible for photocopying and filing appropriate documents as needed.
· Perform related duties as assigned by Nursery Management.
· Maintain compliance with all Rompers company policies and procedures
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
· Prior Office Administrator experience required.
· Proven proficiency with Microsoft Office Programs & Excel.
· Ability to work independently and to carry out job role tasks to completion
· Member or able to register with the PVG scheme
· Professional approach to parents and colleagues
· Have a caring and sensitive approach with children
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate
· Strong attention to detail
· Excellent time management skills and strong prioritisation and organisation skills
· Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude
· Loyalty and confidentiality in and out of working hours to the nursery
· Ability to work independently without supervision and to multi-task
· Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance
Rompers currently has a well-established team within the nursery and the successful candidate will be welcomed to bring enthusiasm and passion to the role.
Please apply with relevant and up to date CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 8th October 2021