- Marischal College Broad Street Aberdeen, AB10 1AB
- £12.27 - £13.61 per hour pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 24 hours per week
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this link and the Job Profile attached. These explain the job role and the type of person we're looking for.
Location: Marischal College, Broad Street, Aberdeen
Duration: Permanent, Part Time
1 x part time 18.5 hours per week Sat and Sun
1 x part time 24 hours per week on a shift basis, working evenings, nights and weekends
Roles that require PVG Membership
Please note that with effect from 1 April 2023, where a role requires PVG membership, candidates will be required to meet the cost of the PVG membership. This applies only to roles with a full time equivalent salary of £30,000 and above. (Teaching roles and jobs at Grade 12 and above (currently £32,555 per annum / £16.92 per hour)
The Council will pay for the PVG membership cost initially, either £18 for existing PVG scheme members, or £59 for non-members, and this cost will be deducted from an employee’s first FULL month’s salary payment.
job purpose/about the role
Are you naturally empathetic and a clear communicator? Are you genuinely passionate about customer service, problem solving and ensuring you are constantly putting the customer first? We are seeking enthusiastic and customer focussed individuals to support the delivery of our Emergency Response service, dealing with calls relating to community alarms and out of hours emergency situations such as housing repairs and roads issues. The post holder must be able to work well under pressure and respond effectively to difficult situations. The team operate a 24/7 service and the post holders will be required to cover a variety of shifts on a fixed rolling rota. Additional non standard working week payments apply depending on shift patterns. Rotas and shift patterns will be discussed at interview.
The post holder needs to hold as a minimum:
The postholder is able to demonstrate:
- Working under pressure in a busy environment whilst delivering a high standard of customer service.
- Working in a relevant customer facing role.
- Consistently meeting service targets
- Using IT systems and standard ICT packages, such as the Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Handling difficult / emergency situations.
Please see Job Profile for further details.
Aberdeen City Council is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion.
We are happy to talk flexible working and offer flexible working for most roles in the organisation meaning that many of our employees enjoy the freedom of choosing a working pattern that suits them as much as it suits the organisation.
We are a Disability Confident Employer. If you consider yourself to have a disability and think you may require a reasonable adjustment to be made for this part of the selection process, or would like further information in relation to reasonable adjustments, please contact AskHR@aberdeencity.gov.uk.
We are a forces-friendly employer, have signed the Armed Forces Covenant and are a silver award recipient in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme. We have a specific email address for those in the forces, those who have left the forces, as well as their partners / spouses / families: email@example.com. We are able to answer questions about jobs and our application / selection process, as well as about our employee support provisions.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
We have a number of guaranteed interview schemes available to applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our roles and who:
- have a disability
- are care-experienced and aged 16-29
- are aged 16-24 and live in Aberdeen City or have been to an Aberdeen City Council school and are applying for a Modern Apprenticeship (except Trades apprenticeships)
- have done a Foundation Apprenticeship with Aberdeen City Council and are applying for any apprenticeships relevant to the area in which they did their Foundation Apprenticeship
- are New Scots aged 16-24 and are applying for any apprenticeships
Further information can be found at https://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/services/jobs