- Marischal College Broad Street Aberdeen, AB10 1AB
- £28,803 - £32,535 per year
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this link and the Job Profile attached. These explain the job role and the type of person we're looking for.
Location: Marischal College, Broad Street, Aberdeen
Duration: Fixed Term, Full Time
Roles that require PVG Membership
Please note that with effect from 1 April 2023, where a role requires PVG membership, candidates will be required to meet the cost of the PVG membership. This applies only to roles with a full time equivalent salary of £30,000 and above. (Teaching roles and jobs at Grade 12 and above (currently £32,555 per annum / £16.92 per hour)
The Council will pay for the PVG membership cost initially, either £18 for existing PVG scheme members, or £59 for non-members, and this cost will be deducted from an employee’s first FULL month’s salary payment.
The Resettlement Worker will provide front-line resettlement assistance to vulnerable people. This will involve assessing needs, providing direct assistance and collaborating with partners.
The post holder needs to hold as a minimum:
- Membership to the PVG scheme
The postholder is able to demonstrate:
- Developing positive relationships with vulnerable people
- Demonstrable experience of successful multi-disciplinary partnership working
- Proven ability to work proactively and with limited direct supervision.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with customers both internal and external.
- Proven ability to respond appropriately and in a professional manner to challenging behaviour and difficult situations.
- Personal resilience
- Must be flexible and able to work dynamically to support guests and sponsor
- Able to build strong professional relationships
- Be comfortable with a team-based approach to work and the ability to support team colleagues
Please see Job Profile for further details.
Aberdeen City Council is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion.
We are happy to talk flexible working and offer flexible working for most roles in the organisation meaning that many of our employees enjoy the freedom of choosing a working pattern that suits them as much as it suits the organisation.
We are a Disability Confident Employer. If you consider yourself to have a disability and think you may require a reasonable adjustment to be made for this part of the selection process, or would like further information in relation to reasonable adjustments, please contact AskHR@aberdeencity.gov.uk.
We are a forces-friendly employer, have signed the Armed Forces Covenant and are a silver award recipient in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme. We have a specific email address for those in the forces, those who have left the forces, as well as their partners / spouses / families: email@example.com. We are able to answer questions about jobs and our application / selection process, as well as about our employee support provisions.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
We have a number of guaranteed interview schemes available to applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our roles and who:
- have a disability
- are care-experienced and aged 16-29
- are aged 16-24 and live in Aberdeen City or have been to an Aberdeen City Council school and are applying for a Modern Apprenticeship (except Trades apprenticeships)
- have done a Foundation Apprenticeship with Aberdeen City Council and are applying for any apprenticeships relevant to the area in which they did their Foundation Apprenticeship
- are New Scots aged 16-24 and are applying for any apprenticeships
Further information can be found at https://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/services/jobs