- Dunoon Grammar School Ardenslate Road Dunoon Argyll, PA23 8LU
- £33,578 - £37,538 per year pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 21 hours per week
Department: Business Development
Closing Date: Wednesday 31st May 2023
Interviews will take place in Dunoon on Thursday 15th June 2023
In order to strengthen our Active Schools team, LiveArgyll in partnership with sportscotland wish to appoint to the above post.
We are committed to investing in the Active Schools Network and its fundamental aim of providing more and higher quality opportunities to take part in sport and physical activity before school, during lunchtime and after school, and to develop effective pathways between schools and sports clubs in the local community.
This is a key appointment to support current, and develop new opportunities for school aged pupils to participate in regular, frequent, safe and fun, sport and physical activity.
Essential Candidate Specification:
- Educated to Degree level or GTCS registered and/or further relevant experience or qualifications in a sports and/or business related discipline.
- Clearly demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the aims of the Active Schools Network.
- Extensive experience of engaging with children and young people through sport and physical activity in education sport health, community leisure and /or recreation industries.
- Proven project management experience.
- Clearly demonstrate the ability to engage with key partners and maintain good working relationships.
- Confident in using Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to coordinate and bring together all elements of Active Schools work.
- The jobholder will be expected to travel efficiently and effectively between various work locations within Argyll and Bute and beyond to meet the operational requirements of the Service.
- Satisfactory Clearance – PVG
- Excellent communication skills
- A full current driving licence and access to a vehicle are essential.
Applicants should note that: -
This post is not suitable for job share.
The salary shown is the full time equivalent salary, the actual salary will be paid pro rata for the hours worked.
To apply for this vacancy, please click on the Apply Now button at the top of this page.
If you would like clarification on any information contained within the vacancy advert and/or the job description you will require to speak with the recruiting manager, who is Lori Ure, Assistant Active Schools Coordinator on 01436 658810.
Please note that you cannot apply for this vacancy by contacting the recruiting manager, applications must be made by clicking on the Apply Now button at the top of this page.
Please also note that we do not accept CVs, only applications completed and submitted via the Apply Now button on this page.