- Oban Library 77 Albany Street Oban, PA34 4AL
- £26,972 - £29,235 per year pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 17.5 hours per week
Department: liveArgyll, Commercial Operations
Closing Date: Friday 29th September 2023
Interview Date: Wednesday 18th October 2023
In order to deliver this exciting Literacy and Numeracy partnership project across Argyll and Bute, LiveArgyll wish to appoint to the above post.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to join to the Community Learning team to deliver a cohesive, purposeful, integrated, responsive and effectively targeted programme of literacy and numeracy learning, by planning, developing, promoting and delivering a wide range of high quality, community-based, literacy and numeracy learning opportunities.
1. Planning, developing, promoting and delivering locally a range of high quality, community-based literacy and numeracy learning opportunities. These will address issues of exclusion, inequality and disadvantage by increasing participants’ skills and capacity to contribute to their family and community lives; access training and employment; and realise their individual social and economic potential.
2. Taking a lead role in local literacy and numeracy learning needs assessments, project planning, recording, monitoring and evaluation as appropriate.
3. Participating as a member of an integrated team, working towards an agreed common set of objectives.
We’re looking for candidates to possess the following:
Minimum 2 Highers or equivalent, one of which must be Mathematics, hold Relevant CLD or related qualification and ideally have a SQA Assessors qualification or equivalent, PDA ITALL or equivalent or TQAL or equivalent.
Clear evidence of experience of assessing needs and developing objectives and plans for informal or community-based learning, or in a related field.
Experience of working in a community setting and delivery of learning opportunities in collaboration with partners and delivery of literacy and numeracy learning opportunities is essential.
The project is funded through the UK Government Shared Prosperity and Multiply Fund.
This is a Temporary Position working 17.5 hrs per week Monday 9.00am - 12.30pm, Tuesday and Wednesday 9.00am -5.00pm with a 1hr unpaid lunchbreak.
Applicants should note that:-
This post is not suitable for job share.
The salary shown is the full time equivalent salary, the actual salary will be paid pro rata for the hours worked.
To apply for this vacancy, please click on the Apply Now button at the top of this page.
If you would like clarification on any information contained within the vacancy advert and/or the job description you will require to speak with the recruiting manager, who is Rhona Grant, Community Learning Services Team Leader on 01369 707164 or email@example.com.
Please note that you cannot apply for this vacancy by contacting the recruiting manager, applications must be made by clicking on the Apply Now button at the top of this page.
Please also note that we do not accept CVs, only applications completed and submitted via the Apply Now button on this page.