- Waverley Court 4 East Market Street, EH8 8BG
- £28,854 - £34,057 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
Edinburgh Health and Social Care Partnership
Team Leader (Days) Care Homes
Citywide (Various Locations)
Salary: £28,854 - £34,057 per year (plus additional working time payments if applicable)
Hours: 36 per week
Social care is a challenging and rewarding career. Our care staff work with some of Edinburgh’s most vulnerable residents. Working in Adult Social Care is a way to make a real difference to the lives of adults and it is extremely rewarding. Care workers help people to live independent, full and valued lives, they will also help maintain their dignity while helping with personal care such as bathing, dressing, meals and medication.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Supervising all care staff and monitoring the care given to our residents
- Contributing to the personal needs of each individual resident
- Promoting a friendly, caring and safe environment
- Ensuring that residents retain their dignity, choice and individuality
- Helping induct, train and supervise colleagues and junior members of staff in all aspects of their work in the Home
- Writing, updating and maintaining residents' Care Plans
The successful applicant will have:
- A minimum of an SVQ3 Health and Social Care
- Medication administration training
- At least one year’s experience working in a care setting
- To adhere to the SSSC Codes of Practice at all times and obtain SSSC registration
- To ensure all information of a confidential nature gained during duty is not divulged to third parties
We can offer you excellent training, good rates of pay, excellent holiday entitlement, a generous pension scheme and range of staff benefits.
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by the City of Edinburgh Council.
We're committed to creating a workplace culture where all our people feel valued, included and able to be their best at work, and we recognise the benefits that a diverse workforce with different values, beliefs, experience, and backgrounds brings to us as an organisation.
Our salary range typically reflects the initial starting salary and annually increases until it reaches the top of the range.
Follow us on Twitter at @edincounciljobs