Waste and Cleansing Project Officer
- Waverley Court 4 East Market Street, EH8 8BG
- £28,854 - £34,057 per year
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
This position has expired.
Waste and Cleansing Project Officer - Fixed term until 28/02/2024
Salary: £28,854 - £34,057
Hours: 36 per week
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project Officer role to assist in the planning and delivery of the Communal bin review project.
This project is aiming to increase and improve recycling services to residents in multi-occupancy and flatted properties providing integrated waste and recycling services (each location aiming to have residual waste, recycling, food waste and glass) and review the existing bin locations to develop more formalised collection hubs to improve the perception of the service and enhance the street scene.
Reporting to the project manager the Project Officer will work closely with other members of the Waste and Cleansing Team and other internal and external stakeholders to provide technical expertise to plan and delivery the project.
You will be supporting the roll out of the communal bin review project including:
- Assist in the maintenance of the project documentation and external funding management
- Coordinate responses to customer enquiries and complaints
- Engage and communicate with various stakeholders as appropriate, e.g. members of the public, resident associations, elected members and community groups to communicate the project aims and progress as well as act as a liaison for the department with key stakeholders
- Monitor participation in waste and recycling initiatives
- Carry out site surveys and make recommendations regarding optimal arrangements for waste and recycling collections
Applicants must have:
- Time management – the post holder is required to have good time management skills to optimise their time and be able to prioritise tasks. The post holder will receive work allocated but will also be expected to be pro-active in finding performance solutions to enhance business productivity
- Flexibility and adaptability – the post holder should be flexible and be able to adapt to different situations and changes
- Contacts and Relationship - the post holder will be required to maintain good communication and work with management, colleagues and other stakeholders
- Desirable UK driving license
We're committed to creating a workplace culture where all our people feel valued, included and able to be their best at work, and we recognise the benefits that a diverse workforce with different values, beliefs, experience, and backgrounds brings to us as an organisation.
Our salary range typically reflects the initial starting salary and annually increases until it reaches the top of the range. For roles in grade 5 or above, annual increments in our contribution zones are dependent on achieving agreed performance goals.
Follow us on Twitter at @edincounciljobs