- Cargen TowerGarroch Business Park, DG2 8PN
- £32,907 - £35,289 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
Electrical Qualified Supervisor (18/748)
£32,907 - £35,289
The Maintenance and Repairs Service (M.A.R.S) carry out all planned and reactive maintenance within Dumfries and Galloway Council. The team of multi-skilled tradespersons operate across the region working in a variety of environments from over 200 commercial buildings to approximately 180 temporary houses.
Dumfries and Galloway Council is seeking an Electrical Qualified Supervisor to join o-the team. As the Qualified Supervisor you would be responsible for supervising and coordinating the team of electricians, ensuring that all electrical installations and repairs are completed in accordance with BS7671.
- Supervise and coordinate the work of electricians, ensuring that all work is carried out in accordance with BS7671 and other statutory guidelines.
- Provide technical advice and support to colleagues and service users.
- Complete a yearly assessment and other associated tasks to fulfil the membership requirements of the NICEIC Qualified Supervisor role.
- Ensure that all electrical work is fully tested and the correct certification is issued.
- Ensure that all work is carried out safely and in accordance with relevant health and safety regulations.
- Encourage continuous professional development of the team and identify training needs as required.
Key Skills & Experience
- Experience in a previous supervisory role.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience in maintenance with regards to repairs and carrying out problem solving and fault-finding tasks.
- Ability to design and install new circuits in various forms of containment within commercial or domestic environments.
- Good IT skills and familiar with Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Able to work well as an individual or part of a multi-skilled team.
- Have a flexible work ethic by being multi-skilled and willing to carry out any non-electrical work as required.
- Electrical qualification (SQV3/ NVQ3).
- 18th Edition IET Wiring Regulations (Amendment 2 preferred).
- City & Guilds 2391 Inspection & Testing or Equivalent Qualification
- Approved Electrician status.
- Full UK driving license.
The salary is based on increments which increase every year from £32,907 - £35,289 (not including any national wage rises).
You will also be required to participate on an on-call rota system for evenings and weekends. An allowance for being on call and any callouts are paid in addition of the basic salary. Overtime will on occasion be required to be undertaken, successful candidate will also benefit from Local Government Pension Scheme in which you contribute 5.6%-6% of your wage with the Council contributing 22%*
Leave entitlement includes a basic leave entitlement of 25 days (increasing to 30 days after 5 years continuous service) and 7 days public holidays. This applies to a five-day working pattern, based on a full-time (36hrs per week) employee working a 52 week per year. Leave entitlement for alternative working patterns/hours are calculated on a proportional basis.
The post is subject to candidate vetting through Disclosure Scotland.
For an informal chat or for further information please contact:
Ricky McElroy - 07920502597
Sean Walden - 07764148873