- Gellatly Street Car Park, DD1 3DZ
- £23,653 - £24,289 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
This position has expired.
Do you enjoy being outdoors no matter what the weather?
Would you like to get fit while working?
Do you have excellent customer service skills and enjoy working with the public?
If so keep reading!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone who:
Will be based at Gellatly Street car park, you will work full time, 37 hours per week on a rota basis.
• Enjoys working outside - think of all that fresh air and exercise walking 10-12 miles a day!
• Would like to play a key role in having a positive impact on the local area.
• Has excellent Customer Service skills and enjoys working with the public
As a Parking Attendant you will undertake patrols, carry out enforcement and advise the public on parking restrictions. These duties are an important part of keeping our roads moving and ensuring public safety.
• You will have excellent customer care skills and be able to converse in a friendly and effective manner.
• You will patrol on-street and in our council car parks to issue Penalty Charge Notices.
• You will Guide the public on regulations and advise about parking provisions.
• You will receive full training to carry out your role effectively
If this is something you think would suit you, then why not apply to join our close-knit team!
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy, please contact Amanda Sivewright on 01382 432003 or email email@example.com
You will have 3 National 4s, or equivalent, and/or decriminalised parking enforcement work experience
You will be responsible for enforcing both on and off-street parking restrictions throughout the city in accordance with the relevant traffic regulations. To include waiting restrictions, disabled bays, bus stops and parking bays.
You will have proven experience of working face to face with the public and the ability to deal with difficult customer care/public situations.
You will have the ability to demonstrate good people skills, often in challenging situations. You must be physically fit and be prepared to walk 10-12 miles a day in all weathers on different terrains , have good verbal communication skills and have the ability to communicate clearly and tactfully when dealing with the public.
You will have good written communication skills with the ability to write clearly and legibly when making manual records, attention to detail, be able to use smartphones to input, check and update information and basic numeracy skills.
You will have a flexible approach to working and the ability to work alone and as part of a team. You will be able to work shift patterns and outdoors in all weather.