- Various Locations In East Dunbartonshire, G66 1XT
- £20,822.11 - £22,975.49 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
As a Concierge you will be responsible for delivering an estate management service to the tenants and residents throughout East Dunbartonshire. You should have similar experience of working within a security related environment and have an understanding of current issues and legislation in relation to health and safety, anti social behaviour and fly tipping.
This post will provide a secure and safe environment throughout East Dunbartonshire and will help to protect the Councils assets through close working with the tenants and residents.
You will be required to:
- Ensure the security of the multi flatted blocks and other designated areas and restrict access by use of closed circuit television, controlled entry etc. and carry out regular patrols of the buildings and areas to minimise vandalism and contact the police directly where incidents occur requiring their involvement.
- Monitor the blocks to ensure they are kept clean and tidy, including foyer areas; stairs; bin areas; all common glass; tiles; wall surfaces and metal work and the immediate area around the blocks.
- Monitor fly tipping within the close areas and throughout East Dunbartonshire and remove as required.
- Provide a close cleaning service to flatted properties within the area.
- Provide an estate management service within the 6 sheltered housing complexes.
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.