- Kirkintilloch Police Office 45 Southbank Drive Kirkintilloch, G66 1XJ
- £23,504.71 - £26,150.82 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our busy Community Protection Service. As a Parking Warden you will contribute to the effective delivery of the Community Safety Team services to all customers by supporting the Team Leader and colleagues with the operational activities of the Team by undertaking assigned patrols of on and off street parking, identifying and issuing Penalty Charge Notices to those vehicles found to be in contravention of Traffic Regulation Orders in order to meet service needs, standards and performance targets.
You will be responsible for supporting the delivery of high quality responsive customer focussed services to the public, within a challenging and varied environment.
To succeed in this role you will have a good basic level of education and be able to read, understand and follow policies and procedures, along with experience of working in a customer based environment.
You must have good verbal and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to remain composed in difficult and conflicting situations. You should be customer focused with the ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.
You must have a flexible approach to work, be able to work outside in all weathers and be able to cope with the physical and emotional demands of the job.
A current full driving licence is essential.
For an informal discussion about the post please contact Diane Kane, Team Leader – Community Safety on 0141 574 5751.
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.