- 1 Bankhead Park, GLENROTHES, KY7 6GH
- £37,562 - £45,615 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
This position has expired.
Not all our vacancies are advertised on myjobscotland. To view all our current vacancies please go to www.fife.gov.uk/jobs
Reporting to the Lead Professional M&E Engineer, Professional Services Group 1, the successful candidate will be responsible for the execution and control of all aspects of allocated building services electrical engineering work, from inception to completion.
The position is predominantly Monday to Friday, however the post holder will be required to be contactable by telephone if guidance/support is required in relation to out of hours emergencies.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist the Lead Officer/Lead Professional in the co-ordination and supervision of Assistant and Technician Engineers.
- Work as either consultant to Architect/Contract Administrator or act as Contract Administrator on individual contracts, controlling all engineering contractual matters including design, specification, nomination of Sub Contractors and Suppliers, certification and expenditure of monies, all independently or in conjunction with the Quantity Surveyor.
- Undertake Engineering duties including site surveying, site inspections, design and working drawings, specifications, bills of quantities, contract documents, design calculations, assessment and reporting on existing facilities and plant, filing, technical and contract administrator’s duties as appropriate.
- Liaise with clients in the compilation and development of the brief and prepare feasibility studies independently or in conjunction with the Quantity Surveyor.
- Comply with relevant legislation and regulations and the Council’s and Property Services’ policies on Health and Safety and codes of practice.
- Assist in the provision of a client liaison service including monitoring work requests, preparing and maintaining list of approved contractors, monitoring client budgets, procuring external consultant appointments, and associated duties as requested.
- Liaise with statutory bodies as required.
- Ensure compliance with statutory legislation in respect of the Building Acts, Planning Acts, Eurocodes etc.
- Deputise for Lead Professional/Lead Officer as required.
- Undertake research duties.
- Undertake other duties as may be appropriate to the effective provision of a Property Service.
- Comply with the Council’s Scheme of Administration and Standing Orders. Contribute to the achievement of the Council’s corporate aims and values.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual with a positive attitude and significant experience of working within a Building Services Electrical Engineering Design Role. You should have exceptional Electrical Engineering knowledge and the ability to keep abreast of changes in legislation, regulation and practice at a national level which impact on electrical engineering and electrical safety.
Applicants must be educated to a minimum of SCQF 11, have CEng status and Chartered Membership of a relevant professional body. This must continue to be held throughout employment within this post.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate their ability to prepare clear and concise reports which assess and balance competing issues, be keen to deliver to agreed targets and be responsive to customers.