- 1 Bankhead Park, Glenrothes, KY7 6GH
- £38,312.49 - £46,065.09 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
- Work From Home:
Not all our vacancies are advertised here, please visit www.fife.gov.uk/jobs for all our current job vacancies.
If you are a transportation professional who loves making things happen, wants to work on diverse projects and keen to shape the future of transport, then this is the role for you.
We have a vacancy for the Lead Consultant (Transport Networks) within our Roads & Transportation Service. It is an exciting opportunity and a great time to join Fife Council as Fife looks to deliver major transformational improvements in support of the ambitions of the Plan for Fife and the wider regional and national context.
If you have the experience and skills required to meet the key requirements of this role, then we would love to hear from you.
Key areas of work include:
- Leading the Transport Networks team in the development and management of the Council’s strategic and local transportation strategies and major projects, including consultation with communities and key stakeholders to ensure alignment with national, regional and local priorities.
- Undertaking studies and appraisals to develop transportation projects, employing external consultants as required.
- Contributing to the development and management of initiatives to improve access to Fife’s town centres by active travel and more sustainable travel modes.
- Managing traffic and transportation monitoring functions
We are currently shaping our future workstyles however, in light of current advice, we are introducing blended home/office working that will include office access days each week with homeworking for the remainder of your working time
The successful candidate will be an experienced Transportation professional, educated to Degree level or equivalent, have excellent communication and team building skills and an appreciation of political objectives, local aspirations and financial constraints.
For further information please contact: Susan Keenlyside - email@example.com