- 1 College Street, BUCKHAVEN, KY8 1AB
- £40,245.94 - £48,373.97 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
Not all our vacancies are advertised here. Please visit www.fife.gov.uk/jobs to view all our current vacancies. While you are on our site, why not sign up for 'Job Alerts' and we will email you when we advertise a vacancy that you may be interested in. Refer to our FAQ page if you require further guidance.
Thank you for your interest in the position of Senior Practitioner (Supervising) within our Adults Social Work Service, which is part of Fife Health and Social Care Partnership.
Amongst the larger Health and Social Care Partnerships in Scotland, we deliver a significant range of delegated services for a population of around 370,000 across the Kingdom of Fife. We are rooted in the communities and localities we serve and are driven by our vision to improve outcomes for our population, by developing integrated Health and Social Services. This is delivered through a highly talented and committed workforce and close collaborative working with our partners in the Independent and Voluntary Sector. Being co-terminus, with both NHS Fife and Fife Council being part of Fife Health and Social Care Partnership, offers an excellent opportunity to deliver a whole system “Team Fife” approach.
We are a forward-thinking organisation, constantly seeking to deliver High Performance and the outcomes of integration, with a focus on quality, person-centred care, and sustainable services.
Our Adult Social Work Service is looking for two Supervising Senior Practitioners to make a difference to outcomes for people in Fife who use our services. This is an opportunity for Senior Practitioners to take up a role which has an emphasis on supporting Team Managers within the locality team.
These 36-hour posts will be based within our Adult team in Buckhaven, Fife and will contribute to the delivery of a high quality professional social work service, underpinned by legislation. They aim to support Practitioners across the team and create the development of opportunities within the team which enhance the provision of a high-quality Social Work service.
If you relish a challenge and have a passion for public service, then Fife Health and Social Care Partnership will provide a great opportunity for you to realise your potential.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is passionate, skilled, innovative and people centred.
- Has advanced knowledge and understanding of Adult and Child Protection guidelines and information sharing protocols.
- Has a high standard of report writing skills.
- Has the ability to share knowledge, provide guidance and support to others.
- Has the ability to demonstrate effective leadership whilst demonstrating kindness.
- Can form positive relationships with the key stakeholders who have a contribution to improving outcomes for those we work with.
- Are confident in the management of risk and decision making and in managing a complex caseload.
- Has an advanced knowledge and understanding of the relevant codes of practice, legislation and national standards.
- Can evidence the use of reflective practice and the understanding of how this influences the learning needs of both self and other staff members.
- Has experience of supervising and mentoring others.
- Has an understanding of the theoretical knowledge and skills required when supervising others.
- Have the experience or be able to demonstrate how you would deputise on behalf of the Team Manager.
- Wants, and are driven, to make the difference to families, to our team and for yourself.
The essential qualifications for this post are:
You will be a qualified Social Worker (Diploma or equivalent) with significant post-qualifying experience in leadership and the provision of statutory Social Work services. You will hold an accredited post-qualifying award (Certificate in Adult/Child Protection, Mental Health Officer Accreditation, Practice Teacher Award, Technology Enabled Practice, Autism Certificate, Dementia Certificate) or be willing to work towards achieving this within 2 years.
You will also be required to register with SSSC.
The ability to travel throughout Fife is a requirement.
Before confirming your appointment, you will be required to obtain Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme membership through Disclosure Scotland and become a member of the relevant PVG scheme.
You will save money on your SSSC fees as these will now be paid for all roles and grades by the Scottish Government.
For more information please contact: Karen Nisbet, Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org