- Pittencrieff Street, Dunfermline, KY12 8QH
- £37,562 - £45,615 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
This position has expired.
All our vacancies are now advertised at www.fife.gov.uk/jobs
Proposed Interview Date: Week Commencing 9 August 2021
As part of the application process, you must provide a Supporting Statement which tells us how your skills, knowledge and experience make you a good candidate. This should be uploaded where you see Supporting Documents and URLs "upload CV". We know this is confusing and we are working to resolve it, however we only want a supporting statement and not a CV. Without this supporting statement, your application will not be progressed. More information is available on our Career site at www.fife.gov.uk/jobs/howtoapply.
The Grounds Maintenance Service have an exciting and challenging opportunity for an enthusiastic, dynamic individual to join our team, delivering high-quality services across our green estate. Supporting the ambition of our diverse communities within Fife by providing well-managed and vibrant parks and open spaces.
Reporting to the Service Manager, you will provide management support and direction to area operational teams. You will be responsible for leading and developing staff, monitoring performance, managing resources and supporting community development initiatives, You will also support the development of grounds maintenance policy and strategy with a passion and commitment to high quality service delivery.
A link to the role profile is included below. You will find more information about the job and the type of person we are looking for.
You must be educated to SCQF level 9, which includes a Degree or equivalent, Degree in Horticulture or recognised professional qualification appropriate to the post or significant management experience in a grounds maintenance environment or other relevant field.
You should have excellent communication, team building and leadership skills, with knowledge and experience of horticultural management in a functional area. Experience in supporting the management of change and performance is also essential.
- Role Profile - When preparing your supporting statement, review the role profile and think about how you meet the essential criteria Role Profile
- How We Work Matters - Our employees are expected to display and promote certain behaviours in the workplace. See our How We Work Matters behaviour framework for more information.
- Employee Benefits - Employees have access to a benefits package that offers discounts on a wide range of products and services.
- Directorate Information - Council Department information
- Social Media - Search for more 'Fife Council Jobs' on Facebook or follow us on Twitter @FCJobsOfficial.
For further information please contact: Scott Clelland (Service Manager) - firstname.lastname@example.org
There is also a temporary 2 year Team Manager vacancy based at Cupar Depot - apply at www.fife.gov.uk/jobs