- Cunninghame House Friars Croft Irvine, KA12 8EE
- £28,062.72 - £28,830.06 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
- Work From Home:
We may conduct our interviews in person or using Microsoft Teams for video calling. All you need is a device with a camera and access to the internet. We will provide guidance and instructions on how to use this method if your interview is being held virtually.
We are a disability confident leader and we support reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process - for more information click here
IT Services is currently seeking an IT Customer Solutions Technician Stage 1 to join our team. Our Customer Team places a strong emphasis on placing customers at the heart of our operations. As the initial point of contact for technical support, your primary responsibilities will include building strong customer relationships, resolving technical issues, and delivering an exceptional IT customer experience. If you enjoy working with people and have a passion for technology, this role is tailored for you. You should possess technical proficiency with endpoint devices, a good understanding of operating systems, and prior experience with application installations. Additionally, you should be eager to acquire new technical skills and fully immerse yourself in our comprehensive customer journey. Here's what you'll be responsible for:
- Identifying and providing solutions to common issues related to customer technology products, employing creative problem-solving techniques as part of our customer journey.
- Maintaining detailed and accurate customer notes in the ITSM system.
- Conducting diagnostic repairs on various technologies, such as smartphones, laptops and desktops • Building, configuring, and installing endpoints for customers.
- Participating in the development and testing of new programs and projects. Experience: • Experience in a customer service setting, technical support, and/or consumer electronics
- Knowledge of support processes and devices (laptops, cell phones, tablets, etc.) • Strong Transcription & web navigation skills while providing quality phone support • Flexible thinker capable of grasping new technology, processes and procedures quickly
- Ability to create and follow technical documentation
- Adaptable to change
For more details see the attached Role Profile below.
Before you apply, find out a little bit about us and why we are a Great Place to Work.
Staff Values & Behaviours
North Ayrshire Council uses behavioural based approach throughout the recruitment process. Our staff values of Focus, Passion & Inspiration will be explored for this vacancy.
Further information on our Staff Values and how to complete behaviour based application form questions is available on the Council’s website.
For your information if this post requires references you will be notified of further details if you are successful in gaining an interview. Not providing relevant references when requested may delay the outcome of the interview process.
Preferred candidates will be required to undergo a Basic Disclosure check, prior to a formal offer of employment being made by North Ayrshire Council. Please note: Successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the Basic Disclosure Check of £25 which will be deducted from your wages following the commencement of employment. For further information on the Disclosure Scheme please visit https://www.mygov.scot/organisations/disclosure-scotland/. For further details on North Ayrshire Council’s policy please visit http://www.north-ayrshire.gov.uk/resident/jobs-and-training/pre-employment-checks.aspx.
As an employer of choice, North Ayrshire Council has identified four different Workstyles. Each post in the council has been allocated one of these styles:
Agile – 100% of time spent working agile (flexibly) and interacting with others. Able to work at home, office or multiple locations. May be required to attend office on set days/rota basis as the role requires.
This post has been allocated the workstyle: Agile
More information on our workstyles can be found in our HR Guide: Workstyles. If you have any questions on the allocated Workstyle for this post, please ask at interview.