- Peebles High School Springwood Road Peebles Peeblesshire, EH45 9HB
- £31,584 - £47,565 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
Salary: £31,584 - £47,565 per annum
Contract Duration: Temporary until 11/08/2024
Hours - 35 hours
Please click the link below to watch our Inspire Learning video:
To enable all young people to become successful learners, confident individuals, responsible citizens and effective contributors as part of the school team.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Subject to the policies of the school and the education authority the duties of teachers are to perform such tasks as the Head Teacher shall direct having reasonable regard to overall teacher workload related to the following categories:-
• Teaching assigned classes together with associated preparation and correction
• Developing the school curriculum
• Assessing, recording and reporting on the work of pupils
• Preparing pupils for examinations and assisting with their administration
• Providing advice and guidance to pupils on issues related to their education.
• Promoting and safeguarding the health, welfare and safety of pupils
• Working in partnership with parents, support staff and other professionals
• Undertaking appropriate and agreed continuing professional development.
• Participating in issues related to school planning, raising achievement and individual review
• Contributing towards good order and the wider needs of the school
• A teaching qualification in Drama.
• Full registration with The General Teaching Council for Scotland or Provisional Registration if Probationary period has not yet been completed.
Informal enquiries may be made to Karen Mooney at email@example.com
Scottish Borders Council is committed to improving the diversity of its workforce to better reflect the communities we serve. We welcome applications from all minority groups and individuals who identify with one or more of the protected characteristics as defined by the Equality Act 2010. In particular from candidates who assess themselves as having a disability, under the Disability Confident Employer scheme this guarantees an interview to those individuals who meet the essential criteria of the post. All appointments will be made on merit.