- Council HQ Almada Street Hamilton, ML3 0AA
- £52,100.90 - £58,780.03 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
The Planning & Regulatory Service of South Lanarkshire Council is looking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic Team Leader, who can demonstrate a proven track record to provide the lead officer function in the delivery of the full range of Building Standards activities.
Based in Almada Street, Hamilton, the successful candidate will oversee the activity of operational teams dealing with all aspects of the Building Standards function including carrying out building warrant assessments, site inspections, and dealing with dangerous buildings and other enforcement activities. In addition, the successful candidate will lead in the preparation and delivery of advice and guidance as well as develop policies and processes that are essential to the implementation of the Building Regulations and supporting legislation. You will represent the Building Standards service at a strategic level both within and out with the Council, including liaison with stakeholders such as the Building Standards Division of the Scottish Government and Local Authority Building Standards Scotland.
We require a person with an expert knowledge of building regulations and associated legislation together with significant understanding of the construction industry along with experience of working within a Local Authority Building Standards environment. You should be customer focused and able to evidence experience in contributing to the delivery of solutions in line with business objectives. The successful candidate will be educated to degree level in a Building Standard’s related discipline and have full membership of RICS,CABE or equivalent.
Please Apply online
All correspondence will be via your email address registered with myjobscotland.
Equal Opportunities and Armed Forces Community Covenant
South Lanarkshire Council is an Equal Opportunities employer and encourages applications from all members of the community. As a user of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum competency/behaviour requirements for the position.
South Lanarkshire Council is committed to providing support to members of the armed forces, veterans and their families which is set out in the Armed Forces Community Covenant. Veterans are guaranteed an interview who meet the minimum requirements for the position
Foreign Police Check
Candidates should be able to detail any gaps in employment and provide a foreign police check where applicable for any periods living or working abroad.
- Manage and report on all areas of Building Standards activity for the local authority.
- Provide support and direction to operational Area Teams
- Represent the Building Standards service at a strategic level including liaison with the Scottish Government and key internal and external stakeholders.
As an employee of South Lanarkshire Council you would also receive a wide range of benefits including:
- Enrolment in award winning local government pension scheme
- Up to 33 days annual leave
- Public holiday entitlement (up to 10 days)
- Occupational sick pay
- Family friendly policies - flexible working, including consideration of a condensed working weeks e.g 4 day working week, maternity/paternity leave, enhanced leave.
- Employee Discounts – including discounts at the cinema.
- Range of benefits to support you (Cycle to Work Scheme, Physiotherapy, Employee Assistance Program which offers practical and emotional support)