- Roads Operations 9 Elm Road Broadmeadow Industrial Estate Dumbarton, G82 2RH
- £11,515.12 - £22,117.79 per year
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
West Dunbartonshire Council have a number of fantastic opportunities for enthusiastic individuals to work within the Council workshops on various light and heavy vehicles. You will initially be job shadowing a fully qualified mechanic and learning the day to day routine within the workshop. You will be expected to develop yourself and start carrying out tasks yourself under the supervision of your supervisor.
The modern apprentice will work towards a Scottish Vocational Qualification
(SVQ) at Levels 3, you will be expected to attend college on a day release basis to gain the necessary qualifications. If you are aged 16-24 years (or up to age 29, if you are disabled or care experienced), resident within West Dunbartonshire, have 3 National Grade 4's (one to include English) or equivalent or any other relevant qualifications and experience.
For assistance with completing an Application form and interview techniques please contact https://www.west-dunbarton.gov.uk/jobs-and-training/working4u/how-do-you-access-our-service and a member of the team will contact you and offer support.
WDC was voted one of the top ten flexible employers and prides itself in providing flexible working to support work life balance. In addition to this there are also additional benefits:
• Access to the Local Government pension scheme (LGPS) with an employer’s contribution of at least 19.3% and all associated benefits
• A minimum of 25 days annual leave, increasing a day each year up to 35 days as well as 8 fixed public holidays each year
• Access to employee wellbeing supports including occupational health & counselling if ever you need help and support
Now that you have read the role and what we have to offer, we would love to hear from you. Please use the application to tell us your experience, and why you are the candidate for this role.
For information about West Dunbartonshire Council please click on the following link and see why we are an employer of choice:
More information on the benefits of working within West Dunbartonshire Council, can be found using the following link: