- Fleet and Waste Services, Richmond Street, Clydebank, G81 1RF
- £31,329.88 - £34,030.74 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
West Dunbartonshire Council are seeking to recruit a qualified Mechanic to our Fleet & Waste Service.
The mechanic will work as part of a team of Vehicle Technicians providing an effective and efficient service within Fleet and Waste, ensuring all fleet vehicles and associated equipment is inspected, maintained, serviced and repaired to a high standard.
the post holder will complete all necessary work sheets, time sheets and vehicle records as required and carry out MOT testing.
There is a requirement for the mechanic to drive and manoeuvre HGV vehicles within Council promises, to and from contractor’s premises and to and from VOSA designated vehicle testing center's, therefore a full UK driving license plus Cat C HGV and a Drivers DCPC Card is essential.
WDC was voted one of the top ten flexible employers and prides itself in providing flexible working to support work life balance. In addition to this there are also additional benefits:
• Access to the Local Government pension scheme (LGPS) with an employer’s contribution of at least 19.3% and all associated benefits
• A minimum of 25 days annual leave, increasing a day each year up to 35 days as well as 8 fixed public holidays each year
• Access to employee wellbeing supports including occupational health & counselling if ever you need help and support
Now that you have read the role and what we have to offer, we would love to hear from you. Please use the application to tell us your experience, and why you are the candidate for this role.
For information about West Dunbartonshire Council please click on the following link and see why we are an employer of choice:
More information on the benefits of working within West Dunbartonshire Council, can be found using the following link: