CSC Adviser (SWF), St David's House, 465.62
- St David House, 20 South Bridge Street, Bathgate, EH48 1TT
- £23,312 - £25,246 per year
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
This position has expired.
36 hours, 52.14 weeks fixed tem until 30 September 2023
1 X 36-hour permanent post working Monday-Thursday between 08:30-17:00 and Friday 08:30-16:00
The Revenues Unit are looking to recruit a Customer Service Adviser.
We have an exciting opportunity within West Lothian Council’s, Revenues Telephone Team, where we pride ourselves in the delivery of first-class customer service. It is a vital role in helping the citizens of West Lothian engage and access a wide range of services, resolve enquiries, give confidential advice and deal with any complaints received, via multi-systems and multi-media IT platforms. Your time at work as a Customer Service Adviser, will include:
Handling incoming and outgoing telephone calls, responding to e-mail and multi media enquiries, giving confidential advice to customers and when appropriate, provide a wide range of council and community information to help customers to access a range of services, resolve enquiries, process payments and deal with any complaints received.
The successful candidate will need:
- Excellent communication skills- both verbal and written
- An excellent standard of English and IT skills are essential. (Education certificates are required)
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Strong interpersonal skills and/or previous experience working in a customer service-based role.
- The ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Work efficiently in a performance driven environment.
- Undertake tasks with speed and accuracy.
- Work as part of the team to ensure work is completed timeously,
- Be able to use a range of IT software packages with the ability to analyse information and input data accurately and concisely.
You will be a great listener and communicator, non- judgmental, motivated, reliable, resilient, empathetic, flexible, calm in a crisis and with good common sense