- West Lothian Civic Centre Howden South Road Livingston, EH54 6FF
- £25,189 - £27,123 per year pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 28 hours per week
28 hrs per week, 52.14 weeks per year - 4 days on 4 days off rolling shift pattern covering day shift and late shifts, weekend and public holiday working is essential.
Day shift hours – 08:00-16:30
Late shift hours – 14:30-23:00
We are keen to employ a diverse workforce that reflects the people of Scotland. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and particularly from groups currently under-represented, including people with disabilities, those from minority ethnic communities or from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds.
Customer Service Centre provides a wide range of services for the community including West Lothian Careline monitoring services.
About the role
We are looking for a dedicated professional, who has experience in working a structured rolling shift pattern within a performance driven environment.
- Working shifts patterns covering 365 days a year answering emergency, West Lothian Council corporate calls with colleagues in the Customer Service Centre, ensuring accurate call closures and concise reporting.
- Updating client information on to the computer system ensuring details are maintained and up to date.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Be able to use a range of IT software packages with the ability to analyse information and input data accurately and concisely.
- Be able to assess and act quickly ensuring the safety of the customer
You are expected to remain calm, sympathetic and supportive while dealing with both routine and emergency situations.
Knowledge of Telecare and experience of working within a customer focused environment handling large call volumes. Passionate about delivering high standards of work and taking pride in your achievements. Therefore, we are looking for outgoing, confident, hardworking and reliable person who wants to succeed in customer services. The team are responsible for providing confidential advice to customers, provide a wide range of council and community information to help customer’s access services, resolve enquiries, request services and deal with any complaints received.
You must be customer focused, target driven and enjoy working in a challenging but rewarding environment. Contact Centre experience dealing with customers via telephone, email and social media would be great.
If you are shortlisted from your application for interview you will receive information via the email address you have supplied.
Previous applicants need not re-apply’
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 10th January 2024