Customer Service Assistant, Broxburn/Linlithgow Neighbourhood, 464.50
- Various Locations in West Lothian, EH54 6FF
- £11.55 - £11.81 per hour pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 21.5 hours per week
This position has expired.
21.5 hours per week, Fixed Term to 31 March 2024
(Information for Internal Staff - Secondment opportunities must be discussed with your current line manager prior to submitting an application for this post).
We are keen to employ a diverse workforce that reflects the people of Scotland. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and particularly from groups currently under-represented, including people with disabilities, those from minority ethnic communities or from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds
This post is within the Broxburn/Linlithgow Neighbourhood.
Please note, that although a base building has been given, post holders will be required to work from other buildings within the neighbourhood.
Customer and Community Services are looking to recruit a Customer Service Assistant. This is a public facing role which involves communicating with customers face to face, on the phone or by email.
The post holder will work as a member of a customer focussed team delivering a range of tasks and services in our Libraries, Community Centres, Payment Offices and Partnership Centres, including:
- Dealing with customer enquiries (eg Blue Badges, concessionary travel applications, issue and receive council forms/paperwork)
- A wide range of tasks within our libraries including processing book stock, shelving books, creating displays, supporting reading initiatives, clerical work
- Working in Payment Offices (receiving and issuing money payments)
- Providing basic IT support to customers
- Reception duties
- Helping to arrange and supporting the delivery of customer events (eg Bookbug, author visits)
- Room booking enquiries/applications and organising basic room set ups
- Using a variety of IT systems and devices
We require someone with excellent communication and listening skills, who is friendly, diligent and solutions focussed. You will work with minimum supervision so you should be self-motivated and reliable and have the ability to prioritise tasks and forward plan.
You will be required to demonstrate that you can work within a busy and changing environment and that you can respond to the needs of customers in a helpful and proactive way.
You should have a willingness to develop your skills and knowledge to ensure our service evolves to meet the needs of our customers and partners.
Most of all, you should enjoy working with people and the public.
You will assist in meeting and exceeding customer expectations, working and supporting the local community within legislation and adhering to West Lothian Council policies and procedures.
Once fully trained and briefed, you may, on occasion, be required to work alone.
There is an element of manual handling in this role (eg moving book shelves, setting up community centre spaces/rooms for use by the public, moving crates/boxes).
This role may require you to work up 7pm once a week or on a Saturday. If applicable, pay enhancements will be explained should you be invited to attend an interview.
Please refer to the job description for additional information.
Shortlisted candidates should be available to attend an interview week beginning 13th March 2023