- West Lothian Civic Centre Howden South Road Livingston, EH54 6FF
- £25,189 - £27,160 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
We are keen to employ a diverse workforce that reflects the people of Scotland. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and particularly from groups currently under-represented, including people with disabilities, those from minority ethnic communities or from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds
West Lothian Council are committed to far reaching changes to the way we deliver our Education Services. These changes include giving you the support and environment that you need to get on with your job and develop your abilities. Our dedication is demonstrated by the whole council achievement of the Investors in People Standard and always aiming a little higher in our service delivery and improvements.
Planning Services are seeking to employ a Development Management Technician in Development Management to work at Civic Centre, Livingston.
The purpose of the job is to provide support for the registration and processing of planning applications. However, the scope of the job will include, but will not be limited to, checking and registering statutory applications, printing including printing of documents submitted electronically to the council, mapping / GIS, plotting, web development, and providing support to other tasks carried out in the wider planning services. This is a full time post although less hours may be agreed if appropriate to service delivery.
Essential requirements for the post are:
- Significant relevant technical experience.
- A knowledge of industry standard PC, graphics, mapping and word processing applications.
- Political awareness and sensitivity.
- Ability to manage workload to ensure delivery on priority projects.
- In-depth knowledge of current and proposed best practice relevant to the responsibilities of the post.
- Good information technology skills.