- West Lothian Civic Centre Howden South Road Livingston, EH54 6FF
- £36,808 - £40,318 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
Fixed Term for 2 years
We are keen to employ a diverse workforce that reflects the people of Scotland. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and particularly from groups currently under-represented, including people with disabilities, those from minority ethnic communities or from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds
West Lothian Council are committed to far reaching changes to the way we deliver our Education Services. These changes include giving you the support and environment that you need to get on with your job and develop your abilities. Our dedication is demonstrated by the whole council achievement of the Investors in People Standard and always aiming a little higher in our service delivery and improvements.
Planning Services are seeking to employ a Planning Officer 1 in Development Management to work at Civic Centre, Livingston for a fixed term period of up to 2 years.
The purpose of the job is to process planning applications, and related statutory applications, in fulfilling the council’s role as planning authority for the area. As a Grade 1 planner, the postholder will process a development management casework comprising mainly householder and local applications, but may also be expected to contribute to the processing of major applications and will work closely with the enforcement team to ensure compliance with legislation and conditions attached to planning consents and may, from time to time, be expected to deal with enforcement matters.
The postholder will require a current full driving license in order to undertake site visits and meetings.
Essential requirements for the post are:
- A degree in Town and Country Planning or equivalent associated discipline.
- An understanding of development management procedures, law and practice.
- An understanding of the roles and responsibilities of local authorities.
- Good written and oral communication skills with an ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Good administrative, organisational and inter-personal skills for liaison with other parties.
- The ability to work within a team and as an individual with the need for minimum supervision
- A current full manual driving licence