- West Calder High Limefield Polbeth, EH55 8QN
- £56,160 - £0 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
Principal Teacher – Wellbeing and Inclusion – West Calder High School
PT3 - Permanent
We are seeking to appoint a highly skilled professional to lead and manage the support of our children and young people with additional support needs. The postholder will be responsible for high quality personalised support to a caseload of pupils and to teach within our targeted provisions and the Wellbeing Curriculum. The successful applicant will work within the Wellbeing Collaborative to ensure that pupils benefit from a high-quality experience and will use a variety of universal and targeted interventions to ensure their needs and entitlements are being met. The post holder will be responsible for leadership, pastoral support and management activities within the school and across the cluster.
The post holder will be an active member of the school’s Extended Leadership Team with a remit in relation to the development, promotion and quality assurance of Wellbeing within West Calder High School.
The successful applicant will also be able to teach their subject specialism as required and will be responsible for contributing to the development and delivery of the Wellbeing curriculum within West Calder High School.
- The strategic and operational direction of colleagues
- Monitoring and tracking of attendance, behaviour, attainment and achievement
- Liaison with Leadership team colleagues regarding pupil attainment tracking
- Management and development of interventions to support young people with ASN
- Manage the identification, production and review of Support Plans
- Partnership working with parents/carers/external agencies to provide high quality, targeted support of caseload pupils
- Manage Small Group Setting and targeted support provisions
- Manage Primary/Secondary ASN transition arrangements
- Monitor and evaluate classroom practice in relation to ASN and provide advice and consultation for colleagues
- manage, monitor and evaluate ASN referral procedures
- Retain an overview of the direction, scope and relevance of ASN curricular development
- Line manage Small Group Setting staff team
- Quality assurance of Small Group Setting and targeted support provisions
- High quality personalised support for a targeted caseload
- Coordination of provision and planning meetings
- Overview of pupil tracking and monitoring
- Supporting unique learner pathways of caseload pupils
The post holder will have budget responsibility for devolved finances in line
- The post holder will be accountable to their Line Manager, the Depute Headteacher (Wellbeing, Inclusion & Support) and, through that person, to the Head Teacher
West Lothian Council is committed to a policy of staff development. Staff will be expected to commit to a culture of personal and professional improvement through training and learning opportunities as appropriate to their professional needs and the needs of the service.
We are keen to employ a diverse workforce that reflects the people of Scotland. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and particularly from groups currently under-represented, including people with disabilities, those from minority ethnic communities or from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds.
West Lothian Council are committed to far reaching changes to the way we deliver our Education Services. These changes include giving you the support and environment that you need to get on with your job and develop your abilities. Our dedication is demonstrated by the whole council achievement of the Investors in People Standard and always aiming a little higher in our service delivery and improvements.
A relevant teaching qualification and registration with the General Teaching Council for Scotland is essential.
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Successful candidates will be required to join the Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check prior to commencing employment and the cost will be met by the candidate.
The fee for a Full PVG Scheme Membership is £59 or Existing Member is £18.