- Location: Edinburgh College, EH15 2PP
- Salary: £18,818.00 - £20,067.00 per year
- Contract Type: Temporary
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
The application page will open in a new window.
Hours - 35 hours per week (1 FTE)
Contract basis - Temporary Position for 8 months -January 2020-August 2020
Edinburgh College is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified person to take up the exciting post of Nursery Support Worker
What we can offer you
Edinburgh College requires a fully qualified Nursery Support Worker to join their purpose built nursery located at Edinburgh College, Granton Campus. We are a large Partner Provider nursery with capacity for 120 children.
We have great benefits at Edinburgh College, with generous annual leave, a career average pension scheme and access to other benefits like cycle to work. We also have great on-site facilities including a gym, pool,training restaurants, shops and canteens. Plus you get to be part of a unique organisation which contributes to improving the lives of others.
What you can offer us
We are looking for individuals with a genuine passion for the learning and development of children in the early years. Experience is preferred but not essential, we are committed to the training and development of our staff team.
We are particularly interested in people with a love of outdoor learning and sensory and heuristic play experiences. This position will be playroom based.
- Applicants should possess an NC or SVQ 2 (or equivalent) in Early Education and Childcare or Childcare Practice for a support worker post
- Applicants must be registered with the SSSC
- Applicants MUST be able to provide two references from current childcare positions or if recently qualified, from a college tutor. These are required to be testimonial style references which comment on the candidates' suitability for the post.
- Short listed candidates may be asked to undergo a practical assessment, which may involve questions from our children and staff team.
Please note that the successful candidate may be required to work at any Edinburgh College campus.
Please see the Person Specification and Job Description for further details.
Closing Date: 28th January 2020