Procurement Support Manager
£42,149 - £50,296 Grade UE08
full-time and open ended
Join our award-winning Procurement team at the University of Edinburgh.
We are on an exciting journey as we transform our Procurement and introduce Oracle Fusion Procurement across the organisation. The new Procurement Operations team has been created as part of a University-wide organisational change programme to provide a consistent, high-quality Procurement service to University staff and students and to our external customers. We are looking for great people to join us. Help shape one of the most important operational teams in the University, in the role of Procurement Support Manager.
The University of Edinburgh is one of the world's top universities, consistently ranked in the world top 50 and placed 20th in the 2020 QS World University Rankings. It has over 33,000 students and employs 15,000 staff and has a non-pay spend in excess of £300 million per annum.
- lead, shape and drive the Procurement Support team, ensuring we achieve a sustainable Procurement P2P Strategy, providing system, MI and reporting, assurance and training to users and demonstrate continuous improvement and added value services which meet legal obligations, analyse and manage risks and ensure business probity
- manage, plan and demonstrate procurement leadership and good governance, providing web-based guides, organised events and customer feedback opportunities, working with the Operational Procurement Managers and Contract Management team to support supplier reviews and improvement plans
- manage, lead, plan and develop the Procurement Support team staff, planning resources and delegating priorities, sharing knowledge and demonstrating behaviours to maintain staff morale to achieve professional excellence.
- analyse expenditure profiles, identifying opportunities to reduce duplication/streamline processes, prepare and deliver annual service plans to achieve best practice indicators, focussing on risk management, procurement influence, value for money and whole life costs to deliver sustainable procurement
- provide assurance and compliance oversight on Procurement activity conducted across the Procurement team whilst developing and maintaining excellent working relationships with customers in the University’s Academic Schools and Business Units
- represent the Head of Procurement Operations or Director of Procurement and the University at relevant internal and external groups as required.
Your skills and attributes for success:
- have demonstrable experience delivering a relevant procurement or supply chain service, ideally in the public or regulated sector with knowledge of legislative framework
- be a hands-on individual with experience of re-organising priorities, implementing new initiatives, effectively delegating tasks and multi-tasking on concurrent projects to achieve tight deadlines
- have excellent people management and leadership skills and enjoy coaching individuals to achieve their best whilst demonstrating a continuous improvement approach
- possess good commercial, change management, project and risk management skills and be confident negotiating and influencing others
- have personal credibility and ethics and good communications skills with sensitivity to balancing customers’ needs, staff motivation and University obligations
- be passionate about delivering excellent customer service and have the ability to present and deliver management reports, guidance and recommendations for improved practice
- possess good analytical and computing skills, accuracy and attention to detail with the ability to develop performance monitoring and benchmark analysis.
To apply please visit: