Prep School Secretary (Term-time, maternity cover)
- Newlands Road and Langside Drive, G43 2JG
- £19,960 - £19,961 per year
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Term Time Full Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
The Glasgow Academy is looking for a School Secretary for its site in Newlands, to provide comprehensive secretarial and administrative support to the Headteacher and Nursery Manager. The post, which is a maternity cover, will commence in February 2023 and is based across both the Prep School (54 Newlands Road) and the Nursery (31 Langside Drive).
The ideal candidate will have a friendly yet professional manner, creating a pleasant welcome for visitors and the children in our care.
Duties will include:
- Preparing, producing, copying and distributing letters, reports, newsletters.
- Receiving and handling telephone enquiries from parents, prospective parents, colleagues and outside agencies.
- Acting as first point of contact for visitors and creating a pleasant welcome.
- Dealing with outgoing mail and the transfer of internal mail.
- Arranging appointments and maintaining diaries.
- Maintaining pupil and staff records and completing returns to appropriate bodies.
- Providing statistics as required.
- Undertake routine financial administration.
- Maintaining School Fund accounts.
- Assist with pupil welfare.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Being aware of policies and procedures relating to Child Protection and Health & Safety.
The successful candidate will have:
- A friendly, yet professional, manner.
- Excellent telephone and face-to-face skills.
- The ability to manage their workload and meet deadlines.
- Well-developed organisational and administrative skills.
- A flexible approach to their work and a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- A willingness, on occasions, to work beyond the stated hours.
- Vitality and enthusiasm for the challenges of the post.
- The ability to work as part of a team and on their own initiative.
- An appropriate level of IT skills, e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, database, etc
The hours of work are 8am – 4pm, Monday to Friday, term-time, with a 15-minute morning break and a 30-minute lunch break.
For further information and an application form, please go to The Glasgow Academy website:
Vacancies | The Glasgow Academy
Completed applications should be sent, preferably electronically, to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Alison Clark, The Glasgow Academy, Colebrooke Street, Glasgow, G12 8HE
The closing date is 12 noon on Thursday 15 December 2022 with interviews taking place week beginning Monday 19 December.