Lecturer Plumbing - Temporary (Bank Staff)
- 123 Flemington St, G21 4TD
- £35,170 - £43,357 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
Glasgow Kelvin College’s ethos derives from its commitment to Excellence, Progression and Enterprise. It seeks to provide learning opportunities of the highest quality, which engage learners from the widest range of backgrounds, and support their progression to employment or to further study. It seeks to develop enterprise in individuals – as a core skill for learning, life and work; and to support enterprise in both organisations and communities – by developing the capacity of both employers and employees and of community representatives.
We currently have opportunities for Temporary Lecturers (Bank Staff) in our Faculty of Engineering, Construction and Science. We are looking to replenish our pool of bank lecturing staff in the following disciplines: -
Applications are invited from candidates who can demonstrate a commitment to the ethos and vision of the College and help shape and develop a Learning Organisation which best serves the communities of the North-East Glasgow and beyond.
The successful candidate will be subject to the updated terms and conditions of employment or Lecturing Staff which apply to this post.
You will contribute to ensuring a positive learning environment which encourages active participation and enables all learners to achieve their full potential, through the effective learning and teaching of students by assisting in the development, delivery, and assessment of relevant resources
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
You will be qualified to an appropriate level in a relevant subject area, with relevant teaching and industry experience. A comprehensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential, along with excellent motivational, communication and organisational skills.
You should have experience in providing flexible and innovative approaches to the delivery of your relevant curriculum and recent, relevant industrial experience practicing in your teaching discipline.
The successful candidate should possess an SVQ/NVQ Level 3 in Plumbing, and a current Domestic ACS Gas qualification; and should possess a formal teaching qualification or be willing to work towards a Teaching Qualification in Further Education (TQFE).
Why work at Glasgow Kelvin:
- Access to a generous Pension Scheme.
- Hybrid working (dependent on the needs of the service).
- A professional development review process – continuous professional and personal development.
- Professional and personal development for all staff – we offer an extensive range of staff development opportunities and events to support you in your role, help you reach your full potential and plan for your future.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Mileage Allowance – reclaimable for travel on College Business
- Employee Assistance Programme –– a 24-hour service that supports your health and wellbeing.
- Flexible Working and Family Friendly Policy – Flexible Working, Maternity, Parental, Paternity and Adoption Leave – enhanced entitlements.
- Sick Pay – Enhanced entitlement above the national average.
- Wellbeing – a range of activities to enhance and support your wellbeing, access to sports facilities and fitness activities.
We encourage applications from people from all backgrounds and aim to have a workforce that represents the wider society that we serve. We pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. We champion diversity, inclusion and wellbeing and aim to create a workplace where everyone feels valued and a sense of belonging. You can find out more about this by visiting our website.