- North East Scotland College Aberdeen City Campus Gallowgate, AB25 1BN
- £35,678.84 - £39,447.28 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
IT Support Engineer (Ref. A935)
Predominantly Aberdeen City Campus, with visits to our Aberdeen Altens and Fraserburgh Campuses (depending on business requirements)
Salary: £35,678.84 – £39,447.28 per annum (pay award pending – current offer additional £3.5K per annum)
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who has a strong customer focus, demonstrates good communication, and strong analytical/problem solving skills. Joining our busy IT Client Service team the role will perform 1st and 2nd line support for staff ITTS queries and take ownership of requests and technical issues, resolving at first contact or escalating to the wider support teams.
The successful candidate should have previous experience working within and IT Support environment, troubleshooting client related hardware and software technologies.
NESCol is a disability confident employer. We offer a variety of working options in line with business requirements and place great importance on staff wellbeing. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds.
The closing date for applications will be Wednesday 29th November 2023.
Interested? Want to know more?
For more information on this vacancy please visit our My Job Scotland website page on
www.myjobscotland.gov.uk email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call People Services on 01224 612244 (voicemail).
(Criteria marked * are desirable, all others are essential)
JOB TITLE: IT Support Engineer
- Evidence of commitment to continuous professional development.
- *ITIL Foundation.
- *HND in Computing or related subject (SCQF Level 8).
- *Membership of professional bodies.
- Experience working in an IT support
- Experience of providing high quality IT services.
- Experience in managing and prioritising individual workloads.
- A strong technical knowledge of contemporary IT technology including Windows Client Operating Systems, networking technologies and client side hardware.
- Working knowledge of the components of an effective IT service.
- Ability to understand and interpret user requirements.
- Communication and presentation
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Effective listening and influencing skills.
- Teamworking and collaborative skills.
- Committed to customer service and quality improvement.
- Meticulous and organised.
- Articulates information clearly.
- Determined and resilient.
- Ability to relate to people and develop positive working relationships.
- Commitment to collaborative working to ensure the best possible services to students, internal customers and external stakeholders
- Commitment to College vision and values
- Commitment to equal opportunities
- Able to travel between College sites on a regular basis
- Ability to work as needed to meet the demands of the post