University of the West of Scotland
Post – Senior Procurement Officer
Salary per annum - Grade 5 - £30,497 to £36,382
Full time, Permanent
THE POST – Senior Procurement Officer
The Senior Procurement Officer provides procurement support to the Senior Procurement Business Partner, Schools and Departments across the University and will engage collaboratively with other Scottish Universities, Colleges and APUC (Advance Procurement for Universities and Colleges).
The successful candidates’ key activities will include providing procurement related advise to Schools & Departments, manage all elements of the tender process from preparing a Contract Strategy through to Contract Award for a broad range of categories and to work closely with Schools & Departments to ensure, that where relevant, Sustainability & EDI is incorporated into specifications and evaluation criteria.
The Senior Procurement Officer will be part of small procurement team which will provide you with both the opportunity to quickly expand your procurement experience and knowledge and to allow you to use your existing experience and knowledge to positively contribute to UWS Strategy 2025.
The successful candidate should have the following:
· Relevant degree and working towards CIPS level 5
· Experience of working in public sector procurement
· Experience of leading and evaluating tender processes for a diverse range of commodities,
· Experience of utilising innovative procurement solutions
· Experience of developing and implementing category strategies
· Experience of including Sustainability in both specifications & evaluation criteria
· Experience of using PCSt
University of the West of Scotland is one of Scotland’s largest and most dynamic modern universities. Our reach across the country, together with our London campus, means that UWS is a significant force in global knowledge creation, innovation, and a leading provider of undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree education. Our degrees provide students with a transformational experience; equipping them with highly sought-after graduate skills that set them up for global success in world-leading sectors, industries and businesses.
Our professional services teams are the backbone of UWS, providing robust and innovative solutions to support the vast range of work across learning and teaching, and research and innovation. You will join a supportive and dedicated team, playing a key role in a range of work that will help drive forward our ambition to deliver world-leading research, and graduates who will design, shape and build a new future. Find out more about our Professional Services teams.
We offer our staff a caring and supportive environment, across five campuses, and a competitive benefits package which includes:
- 24 days of annual leave, plus a further 12 days for public/university holidays
- 19.3% employer’s pension contribution, including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
- A flexible approach to working pattern and work-life balance
- Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
- Fitness facilities across our campuses
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources, including occupational health, physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional, career and research development opportunities.
Closing Date: Monday 4th July
Interview Date: Monday 11th July
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520.