- Location: 5 Fettes Avenue, EH4 1RB
- Salary: £37,434.00
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 35 month per day
This position has expired.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Senior Finance Business Intelligence Analyst will ensure that the right financial information and insight is provided as an evidence base for effective and timely strategic decision making. This will enable improved decision-making capability, driven by expert and enriched data evaluation and analysis, highlighting opportunities for improvements or concern and enabling action.
The Senior Finance Business Intelligence Analyst will work with stakeholders in other teams within Finance to ensure that the integrity of all accounting records are maintained and accurate; to prepare all required statutory returns; and to provide financial and commercial expertise. They will identify and build compelling proposals to maximise business performance, and provide the right information to help business partners and budget holders make good decisions about costs, resources and capital. They will also support finance leads in the delivery of robust planning, budgeting and reporting processes consistently across Police Scotland.
- Fully Qualified Accountant (CCAB, or CIMA)
- Strong analytical skills, with a particular focus on attention to detail and the ability to apply scrutiny to information to validate
- Experience of financial reporting, planning, budgeting and forecasting processes
- Excellent technical accounting knowledge
- Confident working on own initiative and adopting a pro-active solutions driven approach
- Personal responsibility and ownership for the delivery of the highest quality and impactful outputs
These roles provide candidates with an opportunity to build up hands-on experience in a fast-moving environment and to deliver significant improvement in modernising the reporting and commercial analytics capabilities of the finance function. The insight based outputs will support the organisation in achieving its purpose of improving the safety and wellbeing of people, places and communities in Scotland.
These full time posts are permanent and requires Standard Recruitment Vetting. You will work 35 hours per week, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm.
The following supervisory competencies may be used for the selection process:
1.Respect for Diversity
- Competitive salary and guaranteed allowances
- Annual salary increments
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- 28 days annual leave and 6 public holidays on appointment
- Wide range of family friendly policies
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to range of staff associations
- Scottish Police Recreation Association
- Scottish Police Credit Union
- Cycle to Work Scheme
The Scottish Police Authority / Police Scotland is committed to positive action in the recruitment and selection of people with disabilities. We guarantee an interview to any applicant who has a disability, as defined under the Equality Act 2010, and who meets the essential criteria for the post. Please regard this as an opportunity to let us help you. Tell us of any aspects which could present difficulties and any suggestions for overcoming these.
RESIDENCY AND ELIGIBILITY TO WORK IN THE UK
Please provide dates that you have continuously resided in the UK for the last 3 years. This consists of having the legal right to work in the UK or provide details of your right to work documents.
To apply via CV please click apply. Alternatively for an application pack please visit the Police Scotland Career Site for Job Reference Number - R236/19