- Location: 166 Buchanan Street, G1 2LW
- Salary: £30,000.00
- Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 34.5 hours per week
This position has expired.
Who we are
Alcohol Focus Scotland (AFS) is Scotland’s national alcohol charity, committed to preventing and reducing harm to individuals, families, communities and Scotland as a whole.
Who we are looking for
We are seeking a skilled policy professional to join our passionate team in the delivery of our strategic priorities. You will have a varied and challenging role, with a focus on developing and communicating our policy advocacy work, sharing the latest research, and keeping the team up to date on developments in parliament.
We are looking for a candidate with:
· experience of supporting the development and implementation of advocacy campaigns to achieve strategic and policy goals;
· experience of gathering and interpreting evidence and research to support policy and practice development;
· experience of engaging with politicians and other decision-makers to influence policy;
· the ability to communicate a range of information to a variety of audiences;
· a commitment to working collaboratively to deliver outcomes that improve the lives of people in Scotland.
This role will form a crucial part of AFS’s work to influence policy in the Scottish Government’s consultation on alcohol marketing in 2020 and AFS’s manifesto for the 2021 Scottish parliamentary elections, and so provides an exciting opportunity for anyone wishing to progress their policy career.
What we offer
A competitive salary and benefits package that includes a contributory pension plan, generous annual leave entitlement and other benefits.
A central Glasgow location, close to rail and bus stations.
Opportunities for flexible working.
A range of formal and informal training and learning opportunities.
The support of an organisation committed to its operational values.
The satisfaction of working with a skilled and dedicated team to make change happen.
How to apply
To apply, please visit https://alcoholfocusscotland.breathehr.com/v/coordinator-policy-and-public-11324 to upload your CV and a supporting statement, showing how you meet our criteria in the ‘Critical knowledge, experience and skills’ section of the job description.
For more information, visit our website https://www.alcohol-focus-scotland.org.uk/about-afs/vacancies/
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
The closing date for applications is 9 am on Wednesday 29 January 2020
Interviews will be held on Monday 17 February 2020