- Dalriada House, PA31 8JL
- Dependant on trade
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
The application page will open in a new window.
AHFA Operatives Wanted to join our Bank in the following locations
- Helensburgh and Lomond
- Bute and Cowal – Rothsay, Dunoon
- Mid Argyll, Kintyre and Islay
- Oban Lorn and the Isles
Trade skills wanted:
· Solid Fuel Operatives – servicing and reactive repair of closed and open fires.
· Gas Engineers – servicing and reactive repair of Gas appliances.
· Joiners/Kitchen Fitters – reactive repairs, kitchen and window installs.
· Electricians – Periodic Inspections, EICR, reactive repairs, partial and full re-wires, electric heating installs
· Plumbers – Bathroom and kitchen installs, reactive repairs, UVC repairs and servicing, partial and full heating installs, ASHP servicing and repairs.
· Labourers – varied from landscaping to void clearances and varied minor works/repairs
· Painters – external painting and empty property decoration
· Builders/Roofers/Plasterers all required throughout our reactive repairs contracts
If you are a trade operative or know of one locally who may be interested in securing either flexible or permanent work please read on and share this message with them.
Argyll Homes for All (AHFA) works with the local community to employ local skilled operatives.
You may be either a self-employed tradesman, with some occasional capacity for additional work or a tradesman’s who is looking for a change. We can offer good rewards and a range of flexible contracts, as we continue to develop our ‘Trade Bank Operative’ of staff, all agile, skilled flexible workers who want to work for our community. All are paid an hourly rate for each hour they work for us, as a trade bank operative.
Our Trade Operative Bank
When demands for repairs and servicing are high we need to secure additional skilled operatives across our geographic area to be able to respond and maintain good quality homes for ACHA tenants.
Once you have been approved to join our bank, before starting work with us, you will need to complete an on line Health and Safety module to ensure you are safe to work in our current environment. You may also be required to carry out online training to maintain a positive safety culture.
Why register to join our AHFA operative bank
As a self-employed trade operative there may be times when work is light, this is an opportunity for you to work flexibly on our bank when you have spare capacity and the chance to earn further income whilst staying local. Perhaps you are semi-retired and looking to keep you hand-in?
As a registered bank operative you will be the first to be alerted and considered for more permanent and rewarding job opportunities as vacancies arise before these are advertised externally.
Contact us for a chat and further details on;
Planned Maintenance – all areas
Painters, Gas Fitters, Solid Fuel Operatives
To apply to join our bank, visit the recruitment section of our website at (link removed), where you can upload a current CV or complete the AHFA Trade Operative application form.
If you cannot access the website, please contact the recruitment team: 01546 605817 or email email@example.com.