- Location: 1 Goudie Street, Paisley, PA3 2LG
- Salary: Salary: £26,272 - £30,785 (Point 27 -Point 32)
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
The application page will open in a new window.
The Funding Development Officer will proactively work with key contacts across the organisation to identify suitable projects for funding and follow through with a planned programme of high-quality written proposals to raise significant funds for Kibble.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate experience in managing multiple projects and funding bids.
• Supporting departments across Kibble to plan, co-ordinate and implement new projects for funding.
• Researching, planning and supporting the development of new projects including working with colleagues in the finance team to compile project budgets.
• To develop and coordinate funding applications before deadlines, along with preparing supporting documents.
• To be a key point of contact for trusts and foundations, ensuring that leads are followed up on in a timely manner.
• To be involved in the implementation of corporate and individual giving campaigns for specific projects.
• To carry out administrative tasks to support project development and the smooth running of the team.
• To deliver agreed objectives and income targets.
• To monitor funded projects including submitting progress reports, financial claims and other documents requested by funders.
• To lead/attend project management meetings as required.
• To undertake project-based monitoring and evaluation activities.
• To liaise with colleagues internally to ensure that all trust and foundation pledges and ongoing annual awards are received.
• To ensure that all trust and grant donations are properly acknowledged in a timely manner and that all records held are GDPR compliant.
• To analyse trusts and foundations activity and provide insights and recommendations.
Key Skills, Qualifications and Experience
• Educated to degree level or equivalent.
• Experience working in fundraising, including the preparation of funding applications for trusts, foundations or businesses.
• Experience of producing consistently high-quality written communications and proposals.
• Proactive, and the ability to work well alone or as part of a team.
• Proven track record in raising income from at least one of the following sources: trusts, foundations, individuals or businesses.
• Meticulous with an eye for detail.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent organisational and administration skills.
• Experience of relationship building.
• Excellent project and time management skills and experience of meeting deadlines.
• Good working knowledge of MS Office suite.
• Excellent numeracy skills.
• A commitment to continuous improvement.
• A positive attitude and flexible approach.
• An understanding and commitment to equal opportunities, non-discrimination and accessibility.
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
• A commitment to the vision, mission and ethos of Kibble.
• An understanding of the charitable funding sector.
• An understanding of budgeting and financial reporting.
• PRINCE 2 qualification.
1. This job outline reflects the main tasks and responsibilities discharged by the postholder at the present time, however, Kibble reserves the right to alter or amend the content of this job outline to reflect changes to the job or services provided, while maintaining the overall character and level of responsibility for the post.
2. Notwithstanding any information or statement described within this job outline, all duties must be carried out in a way that promotes equality of opportunity, dignity and respect for all individuals and which is consistent with Kibble’s stated policy on equal opportunities.
3. The successful candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme.
4. All appointments will be subject to a twelve-month probationary period.