- Goudie Street, PA3 2LG
- £23,946 - £27,060 per year
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
This position has expired.
Staff Responsibility: No line management responsibilities
Responsible To: Head of Commissioning, Contracts and Quality
Position: Fixed-Term until 28th March 2022 (potential opportunity for extension)
Salary: £23,946.00 - £27,060.00 per annum (SCP 23 – 27) dependent on qualifications and experience
As a specialist child and youth care charity and social enterprise, we empower young people through care, education and support. Many of the young people we care for have experienced significant trauma in their lives. We give them consistent love and care, an inspiring education, and the therapeutic supports to help them achieve their best. By providing a safe, stable environment that is both nurturing and therapeutic, alongside a robust support network, we provide young people with opportunities and encourage them to believe in themselves, feel a sense of belonging, and realise their own self-worth.
Before applying to work at Kibble, take the opportunity to learn about us, what we do, our exceptional staff and the recent goings-on Kibble wide. There’s a lot to catch up on as we’ve been helping young people for over 160 years.
Scotland’s Promise to children and young people from the Scottish Independent Care Review, is to be bold and ambitious in transforming supports and services that will improve the lives of children in or on the edge of care.
The Promise Keeper/ Development Worker – In partnership with other services and agencies will play a key role in delivering the development of practice, culture and systems to improve outcomes for children and young people who are experiencing care, care experienced or on the edge of care.
Through your specific skills and experience you will contribute to the development of approaches and systems that deliver across the five pillars of 'the Promise' to children and young people and their families.
We are seeking an individual who has experience in a range of participation/engagement methods with children and young people, is confident in the use of social media platforms/digital tools (e.g. word/excel/power point) and has a proven track record of delivering on objectives and targets. We are keen to accept applications from individuals with lived experience of care.
Are you passionate about making a difference and can motivate and inspire others? Then this is an opportunity not to be missed.
Appointment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory PVG Disclosure check and references.
All appointments will be subject to a twelve-month probationary period
Qualifications and Experience
- Have knowledge and understanding of the Scottish Independent Care Review, The Promise, and associated documents
- Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of effectively supporting and promoting children and young people’s meaningful participation.
- Have knowledge and understanding of, and commitment to, equality of opportunity, anti-discriminatory practices, and inclusion.
- Demonstrate good verbal and written skills and the ability to communicate clearly and sensitively
- Demonstrate self-motivation, team working and ability to use initiative
- Have flexibility to work weekends and evenings when required and to travel to Kibble locations (this will be in line with COVID-19 guidance
- Possessing an HNC or SVQ Level 3 in a relevant discipline is desirable.
Kibble Employee Benefits
Find out more about the exceptional benefits that come with working for Kibble. We are committed to the professional development of staff and provide opportunities for further education and qualifications. As well as fully supporting employee health and wellbeing.
A commitment to professional development:
- Mandatory training such as manual handling, first aid, food hygiene and fire safety.
- Support for further education and qualifications relevant to area of work
- Opportunities to attend events to further learning that can be used across multiple disciplines
A commitment to employee health and wellbeing:
- Free membership of Pro-Life Fitness Centre and Gym in Paisley
- Health plan with support towards healthcare costs
- Access to counselling
- Access to a physiotherapist
A commitment to personal benefits:
- A meal for every member of staff on shift
- Free onsite parking
- Access to a credit union