- The Community School of Auchterarder, PH3 1BL
- £17,871.00 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 22.2 hours per week
The application page will open in a new window.
Develop an infrastructure to recruit, support and sustain a network of volunteers, coaches, leaders and teachers who in turn deliver physical activity and sport before, during and after school and in the wider community thus ensuring that children and young people have the opportunities and motivation to adopt active, healthy lifestyles, now and into adulthood.
MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
· Build a sustainable volunteer network for Active Schools within the school and wider community
· Provide opportunities for all children to participate in physical activity and sport and actively support the creation of pathways from schools to the wider community
· Increase participation amongst ‘hard to reach groups’ by adopting a targeted approach
· Ensure the effective integration, planning, management and delivery of Active Schools
· Monitoring and reporting
Scope and Limits of Authority
· Report directly to the Active Schools Manager in relation to Active Schools work
· Work closely with the senior management team(s) and all appropriate services to ensure the aims and outcomes of Active Schools are delivered
· Recruit and support coaches, leaders and volunteers and ensure on-going training opportunities
· Source additional funding opportunities to further enhance Active Schools and manage and allocate an operational budget to an agreed Active Schools Annual Action Plan
· Coordinate and develop extended curricular opportunities for physical activity in sport in the school and the wider community
Build a sustainable volunteer network for Active Schools within the school and wider community
· Assess the future volunteering needs/requirements of Active Schools
· Retain the number of effective volunteers actively engaged in Active Schools and identify progression pathways for interested volunteers
· Increase the number of effective volunteers actively engaged in delivering quality Active Schools sessions
· Develop a network of support volunteers to undertake new roles complementing those of activity volunteers (e.g. sports administration)
· Enhance the skills and confidence of all volunteers through provision of training and support.
· Ensure a safe volunteering environment is provided
· Deliver, develop and support leadership skills for young people in physical activity and sport
· Ensure volunteer management guidelines are adhered to particularly in relation to child protection procedures
Provide opportunities for all children to participate in physical activity and sport and enable the creation of pathways from the school to the wider community
· Liaise with schools to assist in providing support to early years (P1-P3) through the provision of resources and/or training aimed at up skilling parents.
· Identify and address drop off in participation at transition stages.
· Work with Scottish Disability Sport, SGB’s, sports development professionals, local sports councils, sports clubs and organisations and within Live Active Leisure to support and deliver integrated sport specific pathway plans.
· Integrate planning across physical education, physical activity and sport to maximise resources and improve the physical activity pathway from school to the wider community.
· Effective partnership working aimed at building capacity.
Increase participation amongst ‘hard to reach groups’ by adopting a targeted approach
· Identify and develop an understanding of the needs of children and young people in relation to sport and physical activity from the following groups as appropriate;
1. Inactive girls and young women
2. BME children and young people
3. Children and young people in communities where socio-economic disadvantage is prevalent in relation to sport and physical activity.
4. Children and young people who do not currently participate in physical activity and sport.
5. Children and young people with a disability.
· Adopt a targeted approach to engage the above groups to take part in physical activity and sport and implement a schedule of activities to address the needs identified.
· Aid transition across school stages to maintain physical activity levels and interest in sport amongst children and young people from ‘hard to reach groups’.
· Build links with partner agencies and the local community to develop an understanding of the needs of children and young people from ‘hard to reach groups’.
· Consult with inactive children and young people on the activities they want to participate in and provide a wide range of physical activity and sport opportunities.
Ensure the effective integration, planning, management and delivery of Active Schools
· Contribute to the development, implementation and monitoring of the Active Schools Annual Action Plan (using both national and local monitoring data)
· Ensure an effective reporting and communication process at both operational and strategic level is in place for Active Schools within their locality
· By taking an evidence based approach to planning (using both national and local monitoring data), produce and monitor joint cluster plans and ensure this is reflected within School Development Plans
· Ensure Active Schools has a high profile within the school and community in accordance with the Active Schools Style Guide
· Attend national and regional Active Schools’ training sessions, networking days and conferences, sharing best practice at these events and through the Active Schools Network Community website
· To be responsible, when necessary, for application of the Company's financial policies and procedures and financial regulations
Health and safety
· To ensure day to day operational compliance with all appropriate operational procedures, Company guidelines, Acts of Parliament, Statutory Regulations, Codes of Practice etc.
· Contribute towards the development and maintenance of a safe environment and adhere to health and safety procedures and national safety guidelines
· Assist in the development of volunteers and potential coaches such as senior pupils
· Ensure the Company’s Human Resources policies and procedures are initiated and consistently adhered to, e.g. Sickness Absence, Disciplinary, etc.
Programming, Marketing and Development
· Assist in the production of material for the marketing and promotion of programmes.
· To attend regular staff training sessions, be they held in-house or externally
· To assist in the training of other Company staff/Volunteers/Partners
· To ensure you are physically fit to carry out your duties at all times
· To carry out other reasonable duties as may be required
· Maintain confidentiality and observe data protection guidelines
· To undertake other related duties as may be required by the Company