Ore Valley Housing Association
HISTORY AND BACKGROUND
In 1991 a group of residents in Cardenden came together as part of a voluntary committee and registered what was then known as Auchterderran Housing Association. Their main aim was to secure the transfer of housing stock from Scottish Homes and improve their community. They successfully achieved the transfer of 131 properties in 1995 and a further 211 properties in 1997.
In 1999, the Association felt that their current name of Auchterderran Housing Association no longer represented them as an organisation due to its extended area of operation, so it was agreed that it would become Ore Valley Housing Association. Today, we provide 659 homes around central Fife, along with six retail units located in Lochgelly.
The Association employs 15 full-time equivalent staff. In addition, finance services are provided to the Association on an agency basis by Chiene and Tait. Specialist development and technical services are delivered through partnership agreements with Fife Housing Group.
We also have 3 subsidiary companies: Ore Valley Enterprises, Fife HARCA and Cardenden Heat and Power, as well as three Wind Turbine projects in their development stage.
"For everyone to have the opportunity to lead healthy fulfilling lives"
"Working to provide good quality homes and supporting communities"
These underpin the way we behave and work. In pursuing our vision, the following values are at the heart of everything we do:
- We will be a responsible and caring landlord and employer
- We will be open and accountable for everything we do
- We will be pro-active and innovative in dealing with opportunities and problems
- We will be honest, approachable and reliable
- We will be respectful and give fair treatment to everyone
- We will listen to and learn from our customers and other networks More general information about us is available on our www.orevalleyha.org.uk