- An Lochran, 10 Inverness Campus, IV2 5NA
- £28,131 - £31,388 per year
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
Are you a skilled finance professional with a passion for precision and a knack for numbers?
As our Finance Officer, you will play a pivotal role in maintaining the financial health and integrity of our organisation. If you are detail-oriented, analytical, and committed to financial excellence, we want to hear from you.
At the Scottish Land Commission, we firmly believe that the way we use and manage land is central to the success of our nation. Our mission is to lead the way in reforming land ownership and usage, providing expert guidance and insight to the Scottish Government, Parliament, and stakeholders. Through sound research, analysis, and innovative advice, we drive forward cultural, policy, and legislative reforms that positively impact the people, power, and prosperity of Scotland.
Reporting to the Finance and Business System Lead, the Finance Officer will play a crucial role in ensuring financial reporting accuracy and legal compliance within the Scottish Land Commission. You will work collaboratively with various departments to provide financial insights and support strategic financial planning. The ideal candidate will have a background in finance, strong analytical skills, and experience within the public sector.
- Provide reports and information to lead the development of annual and in-year budget setting exercises.
- Monitor, record, and present the corporate budget position.
- Support the in-year pay bill management process.
- Assist in providing financial reports to the Management Team, Audit Committee, and the Board.
- Offer financial support on externally funded projects.
- Contribute to Business Case development and/or review.
- Monitor the Delegated Financial Authority mechanism.
- Provide financial management information to allocations group, Senior Leadership Team, and as required.
- Develop and deliver in-house financial training.
- Collaborate across the organisation to enhance financial monitoring and control continuously.
Why Join Us:
- Work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values fresh perspectives and innovative thinking.
- Contribute to a meaningful and impactful cause that directly shapes the future of Scotland's land and society.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.