- Location: SPS Headquarters (HQ), Gyle Business Park, Edinburgh. , EH12 9HW
- Salary: £29,756 - £38,347 depending on qualifications and experience
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
The application page will open in a new window.
Opportunities have arisen for two Finance Managers to join our Financial Policy & Services department based in SPS Headquarters (HQ) in the Gyle Business Park, Edinburgh.
As an HQ Finance Manager, you will provide a flexible and proactive Finance service, commensurate with the needs of the Directorate and the wider SPS, providing financial and budget assurance to HQ Directorate Senior Management teams. In addition, you will provide a robust financial reporting structure, to ensure the effective monitoring and control of budgets and expenditure. You will ensure that efficient processing of financial transactions positively supports effective delivery of Directorate aims and objectives and that all processes, systems and procedures are robust, controlled and will withstand audit scrutiny.
As the successful candidates you will:
- hold or be working towards a HNC in accountancy or equivalent level AAT qualification (or similar)
- have experience of management reporting including monitoring, reporting and controlling budgets.
- have experience in using Windows based financial systems.
- have experience of leading individuals, fostering positive working relationships and good team work abilities.
There are many benefits to this role, including job security, generous annual leave entitlement (34 days raising to 42), civil service pension scheme, free parking, and discounts at a number of high street stores and restaurants. We are committed to your personal and professional development and offer a wide range of career progression opportunities.
For further information on this exciting opportunity, including full job description and person specification, and to apply for this vacancy please visit the Scottish Prison Service website: www.sps.gov.uk