- Location: Headquarters (HQ) in the Gyle Business Park, Edinburgh, EH12 9HW
- Salary: £20,004 - £24,873 depending on qualifications and experience
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
The application page will open in a new window.
An opportunity has arisen for a Finance Officer to join our Estates Team based in our Headquarters (HQ) in the Gyle Business Park, Edinburgh.
You will provide assistance to the Finance Manager in supporting the Estates and Technical Services Senior Management Team with a robust financial reporting structure, ensuring the effective monitoring and control of budgets and expenditure. You will procure goods/services and process financial transactions on behalf of the Estates and Technical Services. You will also ensure compliance with the HM Revenue and Customs Industry Scheme (CIS) and ensure processes are managed in accordance with these requirements.
As the successful candidates you will:
- You will hold Five National 5 Qualifications (including Maths/Arithmetic and English) or equivalent qualifications or relevant experience.
- You will have experience of working in a financial environment and have a good understanding of procurement and financial processes and procedures.
- You will have experience of processing financial transactions, including purchase orders and invoices through financial accounting systems.
- You will have excellent numeracy skills with the ability to collate, analyse and interpret numerical data.
- You will have good planning and organising abilities, competent administration experience and good communication skills.
There are many benefits to this role, including job security, generous annual leave entitlement (34 days raising to 42), civil service pension scheme, free parking, and discounts at a number of high street stores and restaurants. We are committed to your personal and professional development and offer a wide range of career progression opportunities.
For further information on this exciting opportunity, including full job description and person specification, and to apply for this vacancy please visit the Scottish Prison Service website: www.sps.gov.uk