- Compass House, 11 Riverside Drive, DD1 4NY
- £20,448 - £21,789 per year pro rata for part time contracts
- Contract Type:
- Permanent & Temporary
- Position Type:
- Full Time & Part Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
£20,448 - £21,789 (pro rata for part time contracts)
Full and part time hours available
Permanent (full time) and temporary (part time)
About the role
We are looking to recruit precognition assistants to work in our Fitness to Practise team.
Working in a busy investigation team you will:
- plan and take statements from witnesses
- be responsible for your own workload
- work closely with professional colleagues including solicitors and qualified social service workers.
Who we are
We are the independent regulator for social service workers in Scotland. Our work means the people of Scotland can count on social work, social care and early years services being provided by a trusted, skilled and confident workforce.
We protect the public by registering social work, social care and early years workers, setting standards for their practice, conduct, training and education and by supporting their professional development. Where people fall below the standards of practice and conduct, we can investigate and take action.
What you need to succeed
We are looking for someone with:
- experience in taking statements
- knowledge and understanding of evidence
- good oral and written communication skills
- positivity, motivation and a good work ethic
- ability to work successfully within a team environment and use your own initiative
- flexible and proactive approach to doing work.
Why work for us
We are an ambitious, enthusiastic and supportive organisation. With around 300 employees, you can really make an impact here. We offer a generous salary, flexible working arrangements, a full range of benefits, local government pension scheme and up to 43 days holiday (dependent on service). Please note new entrants will normally start on the minimum of the pay range.
Our office is in Dundee but, during COVID-19, this role is home based until we don’t need to physically distance. We encourage remote working and support a less office-based format even after restrictions are lifted. We are developing our agile working policy and are happy to discuss individual arrangements and consider agile working as an option, depending on job requirements (such as being in the office for training events and meetings etc) and meeting the eligibility criteria determined by the new policy. We welcome applications from candidates outside Dundee and the surrounding areas.
How to apply
You’ll find more information in the job profile and person specification.
To apply, please submit the completed online application and equal opportunities form by 8am on Monday 16 August 2021. Interview dates are to be confirmed.