- 5 Fleuchar Street, DD2 2LQ
- Plus on call payment and excellent staff benefits
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
Have you considered a Deputy Manager role as your next step on your career journey within Health and Social Care?
Sense Scotland is currently recruiting for a Deputy Manager within it's Dundee Respite Service. This is a full-time permanent post offering 37 hours per week. You will need a flexible approach to the working week and be available to work evenings and weekends as required.
About the service:
Our Respite service is registered with the Care Inspectorate and provides short breaks and residential respite care to adults who have wide ranging and complex support needs. The core aim of Dundee Respite is to provide a fun and stimulating service that is unique and developed in consultation with the people we support and their families. The service provides opportunities for those who use it to access a range of activities both within the building and in the wider community, depending on individual wishes and aspirations. It offers an environment for people to meet up with their peers, enjoy leisure time together but also develop independent living skills. The support delivered is unique to the person supported and tailored to their social, emotional and physical needs.
You are excited by practice, enthusiastic, motivated, creative, like a challenge, are keen to problem solve, and ultimately want to put people at the heart of all that you do. You are an excellent communicator and confident in your engagement with others. You will have an understanding- and experience- of supporting individuals who have complex needs to enable you to work directly with the people we support on a shift basis and provide leadership to the team within your branch. You will work closely with all stakeholders and colleagues to ensure that the quality in the service continues to remain high and consistent.
You will hold the following qualifications:
- Practice - SVQ in Social Services & Healthcare SCQF Level 9
- Management – Any award in management that is certificated at or above SCQF Level 9 (minimum 60 credits) and mapped against the National Occupational Standards: Leadership and Management for Care Services (or willingness to work towards level required)
As Deputy Manager you will report directly to the Registered Manager and you will:
- Manage, coach, mentor and support the development of the staff team.
- Be committed to developing positive relationships with the individuals we support, their families, carers, your colleagues and other stakeholders.
- Lead the team to deliver high-quality care and support that is second to none.
- Work collaboratively with your manager, team and colleagues across the organisation to ensure consistency and sharing of good practice.
- Support the team in attending meetings and reviews as required.
- Ensure that training and qualification needs are met in accordance to SSSC registration requirements.
- Assist with the running of service in accordance with the standards set by the Care Inspectorate.
- Be responsible for ensuring that support plans are in place, reflect assessed needs and are regularly reviewed and updated to reflect each individual’s needs.
- Ensure that the service is designed to ensure that the individuals we support achieve their identified goals and outcomes.
- Participate in an area on call rota- additional payment
What we need you to bring:
- A passion for delivering excellent person-centred care and support
- A caring and professional attitude
- Brilliant communication skills; both written and verbal
- Experience of Supervising or leading a team within the Health & Social Care sector
- Direct experience of supporting individuals with complex support needs
- A Working knowledge of relevant legislation and requirements to run an effective service within the sector
- The ability to work on your own initiative with a positive attitude to problem solving
- Confidence in the use of technology
- Excellent planning, organising and time management skills
- The ability to respond flexibly to emerging and changing circumstances
Have any questions? Please call Head of Operations Eileen Keddie on 01382 883520 for an informal chat about the role.
Closing date for applications - 24 September 2023
We care - We connect - We communicate
We offer a rewarding role with the opportunity to develop your skills and future career in an enriching environment with the following benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements and family-friendly policies
- Generous annual leave entitlement (pro-rata) – 36 days (including public holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Training and Development
- Opportunity to gain qualifications via our onsite SVQ centre
- 24 Hour Employee Assistance Programme
- Annual Employee Awards Event
- Blue Light Card Membership
- Health and wellbeing support
- Monthly prize draw
- Concert for Carers
- HSF Health Plan*
- £500 incentive to stay bonus*
- £500 refer a colleague scheme*
- Cycle to work scheme*
- Non-contributory life assurance*
*Terms and conditions may apply for relief positions.