- Location: Mansfield Traquair Centre, 15 Mansfield Place, Edinburgh, EH3 6BB
- Rate: £40,000 - £45,000 per annum (depending on experience)
- Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
This position has expired.
In 2019 a National Strategic Partnership Group, referred to as the Social Work Education Partnership (“the Partnership”), was established by the Scottish Government and key stakeholders to focus on social work education. Its overarching objective is to ensure continued improvement in the quality of social work education in Scotland. It will do this primarily by:
- ensuring consistency in the development and delivery of social work qualifying programmes;
- improving the availability of high quality practice learning opportunities across Scotland by developing national and regional approaches to practice learning; and
- developing a regional infrastructure to support engagement by providers of social work qualifying programmes and providers of practice learning opportunities.
A Programme Office is being established to support and progress the work of the Partnership, consisting of two posts: a Partnership Delivery Manager and a Partnership Officer. The Programme Office will be hosted by Social Work Scotland.
We are now excited to invite applications for the job of Partnership Delivery Manager. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to shape the critical work needed to improve and evolve social work education in Scotland. You will report directly to, and take direction from, the Partnership, developing and delivering a workplan, and providing supervision and direction to a Partnership Officer. Specifically, in this role you will:
- Take the lead in establishing the Partnership’s infrastructure at both national and local levels, building and ensuring effective working relationships between educators, employers and other key stakeholders;
- Develop a detailed understanding of the issues affecting social work education (and in particular, practice learning);
- With the support of the Partnership Officer, put into action recommendations from the Social Work Education Partnership, using project management skills to plan, deliver, evaluate and report on progress;
- Support members of the Social Work Education Partnership to implement their commitments, ensuring their delivery and impact is monitored;
- Represent the Social Work Education Partnership on other relevant groups and discussions; and
- Manage the Partnership’s Programme Office, coordinating secretariat support for the Partnership and providing regularly reports to the Partnership and its Chair.
The post will be a 2 year fixed term contract and would be suitable for a secondment opportunity.
Please find the following in the attached pack below:
1. Key information, including contact details and summary of the recruitment process
2. Further information about the Social Work Education Partnership
3. Job description
4. Person specification
To apply for this post, please submit a completed application form (which can be downloaded below) to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 17 February 2020 at 9am. Please remember to state in your application form which referees we can contact during the selection process.
If you have any queries about the role please don’t hesitate to contact Shona MacPherson at the Office of the Chief Social Work Adviser, Scottish Government, on 0131 244 0772 or by email to email@example.com.