- Location: Mansfield Traquair Centre, 15 Mansfield Place, Edinburgh, EH3 6BB
- Rate: £24,000 - £28,000 per annum (depending on experience)
- Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
This position has expired.
In 2019 a National Strategic Partnership Group, referred to as the Social Work Education Partnership (“the Partnership”), was established by the Scottish Government and key stakeholders to focus on social work education. Its overarching objective is to ensure continued improvement in the quality of social work education in Scotland. It will do this primarily by:
- ensuring consistency in the development and delivery of social work qualifying programmes;
- improving the availability of high quality practice learning opportunities across Scotland by developing national and regional approaches to practice learning; and
- developing a regional infrastructure to support engagement by providers of social work qualifying programmes and providers of practice learning opportunities.
A Programme Office is being established to support and progress the work of the Partnership, consisting of two posts: a Partnership Delivery Manager and a Partnership Officer. The Programme Office will be hosted by Social Work Scotland.
We are now excited to invite applications for the job of Partnership Officer. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual interested in contributing to the critical work needed to improve social work education in Scotland. You will report to the Partnership Delivery Manager, working with them closely to deliver the Partnership’s work plan, as well as providing administrative support to the Partnership itself. Specifically, in this role you will:
- Facilitate the operation of the Partnership (and its subgroups) by scheduling meetings, preparing and circulating papers, recording discussions, etc.
- Support the Partnership Delivery Manager to progress the Partnership’s work plan, including monitoring and evaluation, communications, events organising, preparing publications, etc.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of a communications plan, establishing strong working relationships with partnership members, its sub groups and its member organisations.
- Set up and maintain appropriate financial systems relating to the Partnership, and when required provide reports.
- Set up, maintain and manage data collection and provide reports as required by the Partnership.
- Support the Partnership Manager to ensure the effective operation of the Programme Office, providing a central point of contact for Partnership members and stakeholders.
The post will be a 2 year fixed term contract and would be suitable for a secondment opportunity.
Please find the following in the attached pack below:
1. Key information, including contact details and summary of the recruitment process
2. Further information about the Social Work Education Partnership
3. Job description
4. Person specification
To apply for this post, please submit a completed application form (which can be downloaded below) to email@example.com by Monday 17 February 2020 at 9am. Please remember to state in your application form which referees we can contact during the selection process.
If you have any queries about the role please don’t hesitate to contact Shona MacPherson at the Office of the Chief Social Work Adviser, Scottish Government, on 0131 244 0772 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.